Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day - Yawn

What is the big deal about tax day? I did my taxes two and a half months ago. Then I got a note from the IRS telling me I had a bigger refund coming than I had calculated. When I went online two days later to check my accounts, the refund was already deposited. I used it to help pay off my property taxes. Now I'm done with taxes for this year, and I can enjoy the roads, bridges, power and communications lines that come to my house, the public school up the street where my neighborhood kids go, the pension and social security I earned from working at that school, safety in the form of fire and police protection, a well trained military, food and drug standards, and still a remnant of a safety net for those who fall on hard times. Taxes are the price of citizenship in this wonderful country of ours.

6 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you got more back than expected and I am very impressed with people like you that finish early. I have been so busy taking care of my father in law who has Ahlziemers that we just did the taxes this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great attitude and list of benefits for paying taxes that we all enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our taxes are always done early. I hate last minute stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well good for you. I used to do my taxes early---when I was getting something back. Now I usually break even so it's no big deal.

    BTW. Kylee is my Granddaughter. she lives with me though. MB

    PS. I lke your new profile pic and all the family. MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are indeed! I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Linda! We got ours sent in and hope everything went well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.