Friday, September 25, 2009

Checking In

I am here, but I have nothing to say. I'm hard pressed to even remember what I did this week. I guess I called my mother and my sister, talked to my son and daughter and grandchildren. I took exercise walks and got back into my exercise routines. I read the newspaper, worked the puzzles, read Newsweek and Time, watched Keith and Rachel on MSNBC, watched a few new TV shows and the new season openers of "House" and "Grey"s Anatomy". I am full of information, much of it disturbing. I rant at the TV and radio, but it's all being said out there and my voice would only add to the din. Two words: health care. I'm trying to have patience admidst the insanity. Here's news! The mayor of Mount Vernon, a city north of Seattle, is honoring a native son by giving him the key to the city. Glen Beck! OMG! I started a new book, To Kill A Mockingbird, which is really an old book, but one I have never read and thought I should. I helped clean house, cooked meals, paid bills, and picked flowers. Just the ordinary stuff. The sun is still shining, and I'm sort of lazy, still. Maybe next week it will rain and I'll get busy on something.

8 comments:

  1. life is like that sometimes, we recently watched to kill a mockingbird with gregory peck and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had many weeks like that! But then I revive myself and take on another week. I loved "To Kill A Mockingbird". I just read it recently for the first time. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good heavens they're giving him a key!!
    could they lock him up somewhere without it ;)

    you did a lot you know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Grey's Anatomy on Hulu.com tonight. I missed it when our guests were here. I was totally floored to see George is out of the series. How could they kill him off? I thought Izzie was leaving so Kathryn Heigel could go on to a movie career? That was a surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still you sounded pretty busy to me. I love the book and the movie To Kill A Mockingbird. Well written and acted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love House and really thought the first episode was really good. Like Greys too... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe what has become of Glenn Beck. And why is it so impossible to even talk about universal health care. Good grief!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite books EVER! How have you managed to get this far in life without reading it? I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.