Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Returning To Normal?

Tomorrow is May 18th, Eruption Day for those of us living in proximity to Mount St. Helens, which blew on May 18, 1980.  But this year, as in other years, it signals the eruption of color as spring time  puts on it's full show.

The plants lining the driveway are in full bloom.
And because of the cool weather, the tulips are still lingering.  We've finally had a sunny day, and two consecutive days without rain. It might even reach 70 by Friday!
We used the day to work in the yard, getting vegetable seeds planted, and setting out annual starts and tomato plants.  The geraniums can finally come out of the greenhouse.  We'll soon have the greenhouse emptied.

I have had some trouble getting back to normal after Saturday.  I had spent weeks planning and thinking about my Mother's move.  And we had also put time and thought into the Sounders display.  Having all of that culminate on the same day created overload. Sunday it poured all day so I couldn't even get out for a walk.  But yesterday was dry and today was sunny, so working in the yard has helped.  But still, my mother is constantly on my mind.  I hope she's adapting.

I have been able to maintain my 30 pound weight loss through the coming and going, and will get back to losing the next ten pounds when things settle down.

Tomorrow we return to Molalla, OR to do a turn in cleaning out the house, and we'll also spent some time with Mom.  We are also planning to just have a little fun.  We want to visit Oregon Garden, a huge private garden nearby.  Friday should bring a warm, sunny day in which to enjoy it.  Expect photos!

We'll be returning home Friday evening.  Saturday we have local garden touring scheduled, and another Sounders match in the evening.  And then we'll only have two weeks to wait for Jill and the kids to arrive for their June visit. 

Who needs normal anyway?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, now it's thirty pounds? I'm stabilizing (I hope) at a twelve-pound loss, with another five to go, maybe. Just don't want to gain any. Those picture are fabulous, and I have truly enjoyed your sporting activities lately.

    With the sun shining immoderately all day and expected to last until the weekend, I am smiling big time! Now if it will just give me a chance to get a jump or two in... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 30 lb. loss Linda. That is quite an accomplishment says one who needs you as a role model. Your garden is gorgeous and I love your header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, beautiful garden pics. I think i might lose weight just reading about all your activity Now isn't that just some wishful thinking).
    It's so hard dealing with the needs of an aging parent, I know. Just try to enjoy the time you have togehter and try to let go of all the "buts" and "what ifs."

    ReplyDelete
  4. The driveway is stunning.

    I am sure you are worrying about your mom. These adjustments just cannot be easy for anyone. From the first reports, it does sound like she is making the best of things.

    Congrats on maintain the weight loss. I am trying to get back on track now that I am done with work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems that you don't need 'normal' Linda! That weight loss is a good effort. Enjoy the Oregon Garden and other garden tour. - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe your family thrives on activity.

    I'm looking forward to another season of pictures of your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I forgot the most important thing, your weight loss. Congratulations! Has it helped your foot problem?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normal is over-rated!!

    Your garden is such a showplace -- I bet the formal gardens you visit won't quite compare!

    Hope your mom is doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30 pounds?!? Wow! That's fabulous! Good for you. What a bright sunny day you had and of course, you're getting a lot done.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.