Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Birthday Presents

They all arrived on the same day.  Monday, the day after my birthday.  By post and by delivery service, the boxes piled up.
These were not surprises.  These were gifts I ordered myself.  It was the way they all arrived at once that was the surprise.  What fun!
As you can see from the one already unpacked, the 'big' item is a new, more powerful zoom lens for my Nikon 3100.  There was also a lens protector in a separate box, and a camera remote that I haven't figured out yet.


The new lens works great.


The two big boxes contain Everlasting Alliums.  I saw these in a garden I visited and asked about the source, Gardeners Supply, I went on line and found them, and ordered them.  It was completely impulsive.  such fun.




I don't usually do this, but sometimes it's just time to spoil yourself.

14 comments:

  1. Good for you for spoiling yourself. The alliums are beautiful. They don't even look real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TERRIFIC, LINDA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those allium are wonderful. They would cause anybody to impulse buy. I didn't think your pictures could get any better but looks like they're going to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That new lens is just AWESOME! I am so envious. I know I could get those myself, but... I would then have to carry them around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do give great presents, indeed. I will try not to get too envious of your future pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes, good for you-fun presents are always a lifter upper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will have fun with that lens and new garden ornaments is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They ARE fun and gorgeous! Everytime you look at them, you're going to smile. You sure did have a memorable birthday.

    I didn't think you could take photos that could be any better, but gracious! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They ARE fun and gorgeous! Everytime you look at them, you're going to smile. You sure did have a memorable birthday.

    I didn't think you could take photos that could be any better, but gracious! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those flowers remind me of a fireworks display! Very eye catching and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are absolutely right! And those allium are super cool. I've never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday Linda. I love it when packages happen. Good for you. Big boxes for flowers. How many plants did you get?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.