Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Rainbows For Irene

Last Friday evening a big package with a smile was delivered to the front door.
I was expecting it, of course.  The previous Sunday, the last day of the visit of Jill and the grand kids, we had gone downtown after the Sounders match.  At the market, and again near the waterfront, Irene and I saw rainbow umbrellas.  Irene loves rainbows.  We looked at each other and said, "We have to have one of those!"

That evening, after the kids were in bed,I went on line and found one.  I ordered it.

Smile on the box, smile on me.
It looks good.
And I have just the place for it.
Perfect!
I have spent some enjoyable afternoons under it since Friday.  And I put an album on Facebook right away so that Irene could see it.  Then I called her. 

Irene says that when she comes back that will be the first thing she looks for, right before she heads back to the playhouse.

They'll be back July 21st!

10 comments:

  1. Linda, I LOVE it! It's so wonderfully colorful and matches every color of flowers you have in your garden. What a happy place that is to sit under and enjoy some lemonade. Irene will LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is an umbrella to enjoy all summer long! And you look quite comfy under it. Lucky you, to have the grands coming back in just a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how bright and cheerful...enjoy each moment and the grandkids coming back-great summer. We're heading to Seattle on the 20th to see 15 of our grandkids-my step daughters kids for a mini reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every little girl should have a rainbow umbrella!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, Linda! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Irene will remember that rainbow umbrella for years to come :)

    I know I've said it before but I so love your house and patio and garden

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! A rainbow umbrella for a granddaughter who loves rainbows is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm not sure who Irene is because I'm pretty new to your blog, but I can't imagine anyone not loving that cheery umbrella. It reminds me of a beach ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love it too!!! Beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, this is my first visit to your blog. This is such a pretty umbrella but I'm really impressed with your garden, a work of art. Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.