Thursday, November 8, 2012

Living Life

It's half time of the Sounders playoff match, currently being played near Salt Lake City.  I thought I might take the time to post a blog, but about what?

We've been watching a lot of soccer the last two evenings, two matches yesterday and two matches today.  This is the last of this round of play off matches. Seattle will either advance or be done tonight.  If they advance there will be another match at the stadium. I hope that happens, but it's cold and dark out there now.  Soccer has a very long season.

The rain has given us a reprieve this week and we have used the opportunity to get the fall clean up done in the yard.  We finally finished today.  It was a lot of hard work, but the beds are now cleaned up and ready for leaf mulch.  A truck load of leaves was delivered today from a yard service company, happy to dump a load here free.  Tom will get them spread out when he recovers from the cold I gave him.

I don't know who gave me the cold I got last week, but it was probably one of the grandkids.  I am a very healthy person, and I can't remember the last time I caught a cold.  This one was very light.  Tom is not so lucky.

While I am healthy, I do have my issues.  With all of the yard work, I activated my back problem, which causes leg pain.  I have had some very bad nights trying to get to sleep and stay asleep.  Sometimes I just dread going to bed.  Last night was better.  Maybe sleeping will improve.

It's getting cold here - not freezing, but daytime temps in the low 50's or lower.  Today I made a big pot of soup for dinner.  I had some ham bones left over from a ham we had sometime ago that I had stuck in the freezer.  I used them to flavor lima bean, cabbage soup.  It was delicious, and will provide a few more meals this weekend.

Oh, the soccer game is back under way.  Time to sign off.  We're just busy living life.


10 comments:

  1. Oh dear... I hope your back feels better soon. That is so aggravating. I guess your body is telling you to rest a bit. I made a big pot of corn chowder tonight. It's not as cold as Seattle, but it was still nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you certainly do live life! That's wonderful, and your header photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you are on the tag end of this cold. My back gives me problems sometimes, too. It's part of aging, I figure. The fact that we are continuing to be so active causes some of our problems, but they would be there anyway as the body gets older. I do hope your back gets better soon. Now I'm off to see if they won or lost. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those yard work aches and pains--so annoying.
    Soccer sounds like a more satisfying entertainment than the political conventions you watched this past summer. Enjoy your busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've written some poems lately about aches, pains and aging-good for a laugh or tear...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, there is so much to be grateful for in this stage in life. We can enjoy our evenings by watching sporting events, t.v. programs, blogging, or reading. We can walk and garden during the day. We can make big pots of soup. We can spend time with the grandchildren.

    Then, there is the downside to this time in life. The hips, the back, the knees, the hands, or whatever else it is that does not allow us to move as smoothly as we once did. My husband and I both are really suffering from sciatica and stenosis in the lower back. Ouch. I know exactly what you mean about the pain at night. I hope you find some way to bring you some relief. Have your tried chiropractic and massage? Those two therapies help me the most. Plus, I can't forget how much my tempurpedic mattress gives me relief also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your back pain, Linda. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, you are a very efficient and busy person Linda. By squeezing things into the few seconds between doing other things you are certainly filling up the small corners of your life! - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry that you and Tom have been down with colds, though your immune system must be very good if you can shake it off quickly. I usually come down hard. I keep hearing taking zinc tablets when you get a cold could be effective in getting rid of it quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to learn of you leg pain. There's nothing worse than not being able to get comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.