Monday, November 13, 2017

Blog Hiatus

It's very stormy here this afternoon. High wind warnings are posted and with trees everywhere, power outages are spreading. Our lights have blinked, but so far, so good. I think we have to make it until about 9:00 this evening before we know if we escape.

We have been able to walk during breaks in the rain.  Leaves are still falling here  making a carpet on the pathways in the local park.
Inside, we have been working on projects. I am making another quilt, but I can't show you photos because it is a surprise Christmas gift for someone close to me.

Tom decided that the big raft style bonsai he had on a rock slab was just too heavy, so he built a cedar planter for it, and just finished planting it up. Then he braved the wind and the rain to get it out into the hoop house he has for winter protection for his little trees. 

We have begun to pack up and make lists of what we need to take with us tomorrow. We are going to the Rockaway Beach cabin to work on some projects. Tom has to think about tools he needs and I have to think about everything else. Fortunately the projects are inside, as we expect some more stormy weather. 

On Saturday we'll drive from the coast over to the Willamette Valley for a memorial service for my aunt before coming home Saturday night.

With no Internet access except through our phones, I will not be blogging the rest of this week. I'll see some of you on Facebook. 

11 comments:

  1. Tom's bonsai is gorgeous. I have a cousin in Silverdale who says streets are starting to flood there. Be careful. I read a little about raccoons tearing up grass and what I read indicates that it indicates the presence of grubs. Grubs eat the roots of grass and the sod will just roll up. Nematodes were recommended, but the timing has to be right. Have you had any luck with the situation yet? With your beautiful yard, I hated to see the destruction. You both work so hard to make it beautiful. Have a safe trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the loss of your aunt. Your weather is challenging to get outdoor activities done. I hope you don't send it my way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what an impressive large bonsai tree. have fun we just returned from a quick unstormy trip to idaho to look at a possible summer home but it had an offer before we arrived after our 2 days of driving. Cold up there with promise of storms but we got back safely without bad weather to our warm sunny home in southern utah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a huge bonsai. And with Tom's face peeking through, it shows how big it really is. Have a great mini-vacation from blogging and I'll see you when you get back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom's bonsai is impressive! Stay safe out there in the stormy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing bonsai. Just majestic. Have a great time being unplugged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good trip, and a safe trip. I don't like storms! I've never seen such a huge bonsai.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a nice getaway at Rockaway. That bonsai is amazing! I don’t know when I’ve seen one that large and healthy and interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.