Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Transitioning

Tuesday I finished my quilt. It was a big project, 65x90", and I was not sure if I could manage it all with my sewing machine, but I got it done! I can show it to you after Christmas.

Then I moved my sewing station out of the dining room and back upstairs, and put all the furniture back in place. I needed my dining room table, opened full out, to manage my project. 

Next, I dusted all of my pottery collection and packed it up and got it stored away. I need the shelves, because, in case you haven't heard, Santa Claus is coming to town, and my Santa collection is coming out of the attic. 
Wednesday we will clean house thoroughly. And then we'll be ready to start decorating. 
Of course the Sounder Elf and the Sounder and Seahawks flowers are still on the mantel. Football season is far from over, and the Sounders play Thursday evening for the Western Conference Championship, and the chance to move on to the final, the MLS Cup, on Dec. 9th. Go Sounders!

Finally, I got out my Christmas cookie recipes and made my shopping list of ingredients. Next week I'll start baking! 

12 comments:

  1. I celebrate seasons vicariously through all your traditions and celebrations. My own approach is much more subdued but still meaningful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's that time of year again! I remember your Santa collection and look forward to seeing it on display.I'm reading blogs with one eye, the other still covered until I go for my post-op checkup. My eye doesn't hurt, but it sure took a bit of snuggle to find a way to put my glasses over the eye patch! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing all your Santas! Machine Quilting a large quilt is quite a project, I bet you are glad it is done:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Variety keeps things interesting. You have the energy to keep things changing and mark the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure do stay on top of things! Looking forward to seeing your Santa collection reappear and the new quilt after Santa delivers it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I lived next door and could be your quality control for you baking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your busy bee hive is certainly inspiring. What a lovely home you have!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I remember you have quite the Santa collection and I look forward to seeing them again. Soccer really has a long season. Good luck to your Sounders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Taking everything off those shelves is a big job but making room for the Santas makes it worth it. Looking forward to seeing the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your quilt. That is an amazing project. I am always, always impressed with your holiday decorating and fun activities.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your house always looks so clean. It sure doesn't look like it needs a thorough cleaning. I love how you say "we" will clean house. :) Can't wait to see the Santa collection again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I put up a christmas wreath today...so I'm beginning to get in the mood.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.