Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finishing Up

 When was that snow and ice storm?  I can't remember, but it was quite a while ago.


Before we could finish the clean up, we first had to wait for the ice to melt.  Then we picked up, and shredded for days.  Finally we were down to a pile of  'logs'.


Today we finally had a dry day and a clear agenda.  We got the logging done.



 Tom runs the chain saw while I hold the limbs.
Then it's time to pack and stack.

And so now the fireplace wood is ready for next winter's power outage.



8 comments:

  1. Linda,
    You look great. In my opinion you do not need to lose more weight. I'm sure it feels good to have all the clean up done & have yourself prepared for next winter's power outage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of work, but also quite satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow and ice was between January 6 and January 21. I know because we were in Arizona and we missed it. Wish we'd been here!

    I'm eyeing our yard now and thinking I ought to get out there and clean up, as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are amazing. And, I agree, you do look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do look great...that is a lot of big pieces of limbs..too bad, but it can be used for firewood..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! You do look fabulous! That's a WHOLE LOT of branches. It was a lot of fun to see that we have the exact same work horses that you do. It's great to be ready for next year's cold weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You realize that we could have another really cold snap like that January one before the winter is over, right? You wouldn't have to wait until next year. And I have to chime in that you do indeed look really great, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.