Thursday, May 29, 2014

Accidental Tourist

Sometimes some of the most wonderful discoveries are made when you are not looking for them.  So it was that we four Valley Visitors, having left the Iris gardens about 4:00, decided to follow a sign along the highway leading to a hosta and fern nursery.

I think we all expected a small backyard operation.  We were very pleasantly surprised by Seabright Gardens!

Not yet knowing what we were in for, we parked and walked up the drive to the greenhouse.

Did that sign say "100's of varieties"?  I'm sure that is correct!


 Laurie shopped for several plants, but choosing just two was very hard.  Tom and I have sort of filled up our yard for now, but we were ready to start ripping out and start over.

Then I began to notice the pathways leading from the greenhouse and the shop which I never did get into.  Garden paths are places I must go.










 This garden was surrounding the owner's home, but was not marked "Private" anywhere, and was obviously their display garden, so we just kept on going, and marveling at what we saw.











 On the hillside was what looked to be a test garden for iris and peonies.







 We saw this red stemmed beauty near the end of the garden, and it sent Arnie back to the greenhouse to see if they had it in stock.  They did, and it went home to Winlock.



That was just a wonderful, serendipitous experience!

12 comments:

  1. amazing all the different kinds of hostas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These guys have every shade of green there is. You got lucky when you chose this road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these varieties are just amazing. I had no idea that there could be so many. As for this garden, I can't imagine the passion and work that went into creating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've heard of Sebright Gardens. What a marvelous place it looks to be. Thanks for showing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of year when we drift through wonderlands that we could never create at home...we being me and NOT you. I have seen photos of your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures always make me feel as though I'm right there with you. I LOVE those lady slippers in the last picture. I think these places must call you to them, Linda. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous place to find but how difficult to choose a hosta from so many. I love the one you did choose. And that lovely Cypripedium Reginae, weren't you tempted by that?
    I love your header, what a wonderful display of irises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those plants are so beautiful. What serendipity that you got to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You just never know what you will come upon. So glad you stopped. the Hosta are marvelous as is the entire garden. I think I need more Hosta too. MB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible. Incredible that you continue to find more plants!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe there are so many different hostas. What an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I was really impressed with their display at Hortlandia and this tour of the garden is fabulous! Must visit the valley one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.