Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

As you saw from previous posts, we had the grand kids on Friday.  After our field trip, we spent the afternoon at home, outside.  One thing we did was empty out the shed and convert it back into a playhouse/garden shop/whatever your want it to be space.



 No, I didn't buy the Nerf guns.  It's what the kids picked out with their birthday money when Jill took them shopping.  She isn't sure she should have allowed them.  They have up to this point not had toy guns, but that hasn't kept them from turning other objects into guns anyway. And they did have a lot of active fun.
Saturday morning we met up with some of the members of our garden club to tour the arboretum and Chinese Garden at South Seattle Community College.
 The fruits, flowers and new growth on the conifers were beautiful.























Saturday evening the predicted showers didn't show up and we had another lovely evening at the Sounders match at the stadium.

We gathered with other supporters in Occidental Park for the March to the Match.
 The view was lovely for our outside dining at the top of the stadium.
 The sun was shining well into the match. Just under 50,000 people were in attendance. 
 The smile of victory!
 Sunday we finally got some housework done. In the afternoon I went for a walk.  Thunder storms were possible so I kept watching the sky.  Storm clouds were all around me, but never overhead.

Have any of you been watching Call the Midwives on PBS, or Masterpiece's Mr. Selfridge? It was the finale for both of them, and the conclusions had me in tears.  It was a very good 2.5 hours of television. And that's how we ended a busy weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Great shots of new spring growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely weekend. I do watch Call the Midwife, I love it. It was a very emotional ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so busy and active! I'm much more of a stay-at-home person than you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't watched any TV since we've been madly working on our trip album, but this sounds like it was great!

    Your photos are just always spectacular, Linda. I especially love the one of you with the storm clouds in the back. The colors look otherworldly.

    The garden is amazing. You guys have the best gardens, and so many of them to enjoy.

    Your grandkids are just so lucky to have you and Tom. What a great playhouse you're setting up again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Call the Midwife fan but never started watching Mr. Selfridge. However, I did watch the season finale of The Good Wife. It was a very good season for those two shows. And I'm so glad the Sounders won again! Always think of you when I hear about the games. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such green-ness is unbelievable but I've been to that park before when visiting kids in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I've never been to the SSCC gardens but have heard good things. Your pictures make me want to go! Love your new header picture! Is that a Cedar Waxwing or a Bohemian Waxwing? I get them confused.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so pretty there. I am watching Call the Midwife on Netflix I am in season two:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't watch TV, because I prefer to read.
    Your grandkids seem to have fun no matter where they are.
    Keep on keeping on, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the playhouse. Something I have always wanted. You two are the best grand parents ever! Such beautiful plants and blooms in those pictures. I love "Call the Midwives" but have only seen an episode here and there. Hope PBS will show it again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 10th photo of the Chinese Garden visit... the photo before the gazebo ..... THAT is the same thing as the shrub in my son's yard in Seattle that he and I want to know what it is!!! I am so glad I saw it. His shrub is just covered in beautiful hot pink blooms. He said no matter where he lives the rest of his life he always wants to have a shrub of that variety. And I love the playhouse and agree you are incredible grandparents! I never bought toy guns for my kids growing up but both of my sons used sticks for guns, made guns out of legos, whatever so my not buying guns did not mean they weren't going to let me stop them! My grandsons have nerf guns and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in complete awe of the work you put into your yard--surely a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.