Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Poetry

Inspired by Frost on a Sunny Morning


The sanctity of our Sunday comes in the
Nature of it usually being unscheduled.
Deciding this particular morning that,
Newspaper perused, housekeeping should be done,
Since it had gone wanting for a while now,
Dust rag in hand, I set to put things in order
And remove the residue of the past weeks.

On the bedside table, my volume of Robert Frost 
Called to me. I make an effort now while dusting
To sit on the edge of the bed and open to
An unsellected poem, and take a moment
To read and reflect on some scene Mr. Frost 
Has so eloquently drawn with his words.
Upon doing so I was inspired to wax poetic
Slow down my hustle of housework, 
And feed my soul.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely perfect! I felt like I was the one taking a break from dusting to read a poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One must set aside time to exercise the mind and soul as well as the muscles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the purpose of poetry--to slow us down enough to actually see the world around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Linda, you never fail to amaze me. Poetry, and some good stuff at that! Love you pretty new header, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope you feed your soul more often.Writing in poetry is good for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice header, soul food of its own kind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, Linda! Robert Frost is one of my favorites also. You make housework less of a drudgery by putting it to verse.

    Love the cedar waxwing picture too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh very nice, Linda. It's always good to feed the soul. :- )

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.