Greetings from Seattle



Saturday, March 16, 2019

St Patrick's Day

My Irish eyes are smiling. Well, at least the 15% of my DNA that is Celtic. The other 85% that is Scandinavian is smiling too. You know how much people from the Norse lands love sunshine. And daylight. And anything green is good.

We survived the time change with the customary sleep disorders and have been basking in sunshine and days that each get a bit warmer than the one before. That means we have been working in the garden as well as taking our walks. That makes us happy too. 

We attended the first high school track meet of the season on Thursday. It got cold sitting in the stands, but it was dry. 
 It's fun to be back there cheering on our grandson and his teammates. We can also reminisce on the days when Jill and Jake participated in track there too. 
Saturday morning the Sounders played an away match in Chicago. That gave us a good reason to sit in comfort from 10:00 to noon to watch our guys win, 4-2. Being at a match live is fun , but watching from home is much warmer.  :-)

Charlie the Borrowed Cat says "Hi". 
He is very happy to have us outside so much. He checks in frequently as he makes his rounds of the neighborhood.

We all wish you a Happy St Patrick's Day. May you have sunshine on your shoulders and a smile in your eyes. 

11 comments:

  1. Green is good wish we had some, your table is lovely...and Charlie what a great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's finally become very spring like for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. trying to remember to wear green tomorrow...spring is springing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know that I have any Irish, but top of the morning to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Sounds as if you are really keeping busy this Spring! I always enjoy your posts. Happy St. Pat's Day from Florida (on respite from cold weather in Maine for a few weeks!). ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 50% Irish loves the shade of green on your table. Know you love the stadium and all the activities at a Sounder game but think home comfort and close up shots would be a nice change pace. Hope they win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Irish genes are happy today, too. I love this post, the feeling of spring and sunshine. And a totally cool cat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I have no Irish genes but I'm enjoying this day and my GD's 16th birthday.
    I love your pretty table topper and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table is beautiful, as always. You sound so cheerful writing about the warmer sunnier days. We have had a few too and it affects me the same way. It's amazing how a warm sunny day can lift out spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pot of gold atop your fab fabric creation! High school already? Yikes, time flies. Give Charlie an extra pat from me and tell him I said "Hi" back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can always trust you to have a cheery table. We had a fun St. Patricks Day too. Mom LOVED the corned beef and cabbage. Charlie is such a beautiful cat.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.