Monday, February 24, 2020

Glass and Gardens

On Saturday morning we were happy to take some time off from gardening to attend a workshop with our garden club in Bellevue. The topic was "Creating a Northwest Garden". Since we have been gardening here on our half acre for coming up on 42 years, we have experienced most of what there is to know and learn, but it was reassuring to hear that we had done many things right, from laying out a plan based on what was there originally to including those Northwest natives in our landscape. 

After the workshop we went out to lunch together at Tavern Hall in Bellevue Square and enjoyed visiting with each other. Connected to Bellevue Square by a sky bridge is Lincoln Square, where we knew there was a wonderful Dale Chihuly chandelier. We are fortunate to call this famous glass artist as one of our own here in the PNW, and there are several museums that feature his work. There are also privately owned installations that the public can enjoy.
 There is also a very cool indoor waterfall in this atrium. 


Saturday afternoon we spent several hours working on that compost pile.

Sunday was rainy and since we weren't going to work outside we did our usual Monday housework and laundry on Sunday. We did a little grocery shopping and I bought my primroses for my front porch.

Now it's Monday afternoon. The compost pile is gone!
 The primroses are planted.
The front walk is looking like spring time. 
And we even got some more yard clean up done, since Sunday's storm messed things up again. What is it that little plaque says? 

13 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at what is going on at your place now. We are a long way from anything growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already it looks like Spring there! Your flowers are beautiful. I've spent time at the Mayo Hospital at Rochester, Mn. and they have some gorgeous Chihuly glass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that plaque. It is so true. You two are real warriors and your lovely yard reflects that. Ihave pots to fill but weeks to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Chihuly chandelier! I think I'll plant some primroses, too, they look so wonderful on your porch. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that huge pile is gone and the compost really looks great in its new homes. That saying is purely truth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful glass sculpture and waterfall. You have such a wonderful green thumb. Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is looking springy. Love Chihuly glass. It reminds me that I can't have glass in the garden and really not anywhere. I am like a bull in a china shop. I break things too easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looksk very springy...I put up my door sign wreath that says spring! but no flowers yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the glass:) Your Primroses are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Such a joy resulting from your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little plaque. How true it is!!! The primroses really adds a splash of color. We loved seeing the Chihuly Museum. He is an amazing glass artist. Happy spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is looking like spring there! That is one big load of compost. Doesn't it make the beds look rich and healthy. Your gardens are already looking beautiful. I have never grown primroses. Yours look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.