Sunday, February 28, 2021

Tom Has Been Busy

 Tom goes out almost every day to prune and trim and do yard clean up. He keeps the yard waste bins full with all of his clippings and yard debris.

When it's raining he spends time in his greenhouse. Here he tends the tender plants that we overwinter, and nurses his cuttings. He has ordered tomato seeds and will soon be starting tomato plants.


This year his geranium cuttings didn't do well, but he has a few survivors to fill our pots. It might give him an excuse to add a few new ones to his collection. 
He has been taking cuttings of some tender plants so he can donate them to my sister's plant sale in the spring. 

I'm still very limited in what I can do in the garden. However when my grabber broke, the one I had had since my first back surgery seven years ago, and I needed to order a new one, I ordered a set with a longer one as well as the shorter one I still use every day to get dressed.
Saturday, while Tom was working outside, I helped. I used my new longer grabber to pick up wind debris off the lawn and driveway. 

It was good to be able to do something useful. I didn't find much to pick up though, since Tom has everything is such good shape. 

Tom isn't doing much today though. We had our second COVID vaccination yesterday, and today he is hurting. He had a similar reaction with the first shot. I'm achy too, but I never know if it's something new or just my normal malaise. 

We did treat ourselves to a Starbucks stop on the way home yesterday though. We sat outside. The sun was shining and it was almost warm.

The sun seems reluctant to make an appearance today. I'll have to make myself get out for a short walk this afternoon. Gotta keep moving. 

17 comments:

  1. You have a very impressive greenhouse, Linda. You're both such hard workers and your garden shows it at every season. I'm so glad you got your 2nd shots. I'm due for it next week. I'll be glad to get it over with and be able to see the doctor, optometrist and dentist again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get my first shot in two days. I am pretty sure that Tom will be back to his normal self by tomorrow. I'm also glad to hear you didn't have much of a reaction. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom is quite the plant man. I'm sure it felt good to contribute to the effort. Your posts always hold some beauty for the rest of us to enjoy. I got my first shot today, a drive through at the airport, a very efficient operation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you are done with your vaccinations. Tom has been busy in his greenhouse. Everything looks great! Those grabbers are great...I have one I use to get stuff out of the top cupboard! It is a multi purpose tool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good that you can make some changes and still keep active. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom keeps so busy!! Everything looks neat and tidy. Good thing you have your set of handy dandy grabbers to help where you can.
    It sure doesn't look like we'll have any sunny days this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't those grabbers the best? I use mine to pick up sticks also. So glad you are fully vaccinated now. Exhale.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah to be normal and eat somewhere again. I do miss that. YOur greenhouse would make my husband envious. Maybe that is something I should think about getting him??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have 3 grabbers to help, as I can’ntdo much. I like Starbucks very much. Bur round here we only have Macdonalds.
    Your husband is a good gardener.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks very nice. Sorry he had an adverse reaction to the shots. I had mine on Saturday and so far absolutely no pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good that you have something constructive to do. I could sure keep you busy picking up sticks. It seems that every time I finish I have to start again. Seeing all of those little starts is so exciting. I can hardly wait to get some plants into pots. :) Keep on walkin girl...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you've got your vaccines, but sorry that Tom isn't feeling well. Hope that turns around quickly.

    The yard is so lovely. I can almost smell the scents of the greenhouse...it smells like spring! Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you received your second shots and hope one achy day is all you experience. I get mine Wed. Oh, I miss my greenhouse! Don’t do much yard work anymore, either. Neither do I have beautiful property like you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had to chuckle at your "almost warm". Such a positive attitude. I have a cheap grabber from Daiso that I use to pick up leaves in my orchid bed and to hang solar lights on tree branches. I suppose if I were 6' tall I wouldn't need it but it sure beats climbing on ladders. Great team work - Tom does a lot of work and you support him with your appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your greenhouse and yard are always inspiring! So is your determination to keep busy in spite of pain as you recover. Hopefully you will be in top form when the growing season really kicks into gear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that greenhouse...our second shot gave us on the second day after MORE effects than just a sore arm: tiredness, fever and aches but soon gone HURRAH1

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a wonderful greenhouse. Sure wish my little greenhouse was more like Tom's. Tom is a hard worker. Dan and I got our second Covid Vaccine last Tuesday. I woke up feeling very sick Wednesday morning. Advil made me feel better and by afternoon the flu-like symptoms were gone. I use my pick-up stick a lot for picking up sticks and small tree limbs from every wind storm. Sure is a back saver.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.