Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Weather Respite

 We were promised sunshine today but when a light rain was falling this morning as I walked put to get the newspaper, we were disheartened.

But it cleared up enough by late morning that we could go over to the park where I could practice walking. Looks like the remnants of a snowman is all that's left of the snow here. We were happy for clear paths.

Last week my PT told me I needed to walk by heel striking and swinging my arms. I needed space to do that. Today my hip obeyed but my back was too stiff to really get the swing of it.

Yesterday I had my six week check up with Orthopedics at the medical Center. The surgeon's Physicians Assistant said I was doing well. I passed inspection.

In the afternoon I made a big pot of corn chowder and we had it for dinner with some of those bread sticks and salad. 

There is plenty left for tonight's dinner and then some for the freezer.

Charlie checked in for lunch.


I was hoping he would show up again when I went outside to walk around the yard in the afternoon.

Tom found some pruning to do that kept him up off the cold wet ground.

I took the photo below out of the bedroom window, where I went to do my afternoon session of physical therapy exercises. 


Then I was very happy to get outside. This bedraggled but persistent calendula seedling beckoned me in the sunshine. 


Charlie found me and kept track of me as I made my rounds. 
There is still some snow left in the shady lower yard. 

My pretty hellebores have survived the snow crush. 

After several trips around the yard and up and down the driveway Charlie and I settled in the sun on the patio for a bit. 

Tomorrow the rain returns. We may get another break on Saturday, and then it looks to be rain, rain, rain for days on end. 

Mall walking might be in my future.

16 comments:

  1. That's a very dismal forecast. I'd much rather have snow than rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today really was a gift. A number of outside chores got done, still more to do but with the rain coming we'll have to wait.
    Your Hellebores are doing so well. Because mine are in total shade they are slow and never do as well as if they got some Spring sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see Charlie and to hear that you passed inspection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hellebores are very poor this year. Glad to hear you passed inspection. Here we had freezing cold weather and next week about 18C strange weather...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlie is quite the companion. I'm glad to hear you are making progress. Mall walking is not the same as walking in nature, but we do what we have to do to keep moving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had my first Covid shot canceled because of severe weather which caused a delay in shipment, I guess. I'm very disheartened. It took forever to get it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get more exercise than I do. You inspire me to walk more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful news that you passed inspection. Charlie really has a great coat for the nippy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good news on your check-up, you're doing so well. Nice of Charlie to hang out with you while you walk.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very little sun yesterday and none today. Just sleet and ice, so we must stay indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to hear that you are doing well. Nice to see Charlie out of jail. I be he was happy to see you too. Nice finding a calendula blooming. Crazy. I wonder what I will find when our snow melts. It is supposed to start warming up this weekend.Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice walk around your yard! The plants like rain and your spring flowers will be the reward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how fun to discover blooms that survived the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charlie is a gorgeous and regal dude! I love corn chowder, and it's definitely soup weather.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Charlie is such a beautiful cat. I’m glad you are healing well. I love corn chowder, but I haven’t made it in such a long time.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.