Tuesday, March 23, 2021

It's Daffodil Time

 

We don't have a lot of daffodils, but I sure am enjoying the ones we have.

These I can see from my kitchen window, out across the back yard. 



These are down in the lower yard. 




You may have noticed the primroses too. They are especially happy this year. 

Each year I empty out my porch pots and plant that year's primroses in the garden. Most persist and come back year after year. 

The Brazen Hussy Ranunculus are blooming too. 


They are brazen, and very prolific. We rip lots of them out every year. But you have to love their early bright glow in the garden. 

It looks like we might get up to 54 today, with partly sunny, partly cloudy skies. More rain tomorrow, and colder.  That's our spring, I'm sure glad the Daffodils don't mind. 

13 comments:

  1. So pretty! I really like those brazen hussies, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you couldn't be cheered up by daffodils there must be something wrong with you. You have all kinds of color to choose from at this early spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is very nice. I love the primrose colours, so bright!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hussies must be a bit invasive to have earned that name:) I wouldn't mind a bunch of those little hussies. They look like a great ground cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have 6 daffodils that were planted years ago by the previous owners-I love it when they bloom and even cut them to bring into the hosue to enjoy-now they are getting pale and fading away. Sometimes I feel like that too. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the hussies! Your Primroses go beautifully with the Daffs:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the color is so lovely, the yellow especially so! Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 54° is too cold for me! But it does make for wonderful spring flowers in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always had tons of daffodils in my Jericho yard -- SO welcome at the long dying of a VT winter. I used to get compliments from passers-by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daffodils! My favorite, along with tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daffodils are beautiful! But then, your entire yard is beautiful. It looks like Easter. I love the brightly colored Primroses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always loved daffodils. Your spring flowers must make you smile every time you look out onto your garden. I remember going to a friend's house every spring to walk through her woods to pick armfuls of blooms to share with neighbors. She's since passed away, but whenever I see daffys I think of Mrs. Hubbard and her woods of spring blooms.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.