Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Moving Along

 I went for my short walk in the park today, in the sunshine. The native red currant is blooming and the underbrush is greening up along the wooded path.



The cherry trees are almost in bloom.


I walked without my partner today, since he had gone into the city for an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. He is developing some serious issues with his hands, specifically his thumbs.

I had my last scheduled physical therapy session Monday and I'm working on a few new exercises. My hip is progressing well, but my back is still stiff. That may just be the way it is, but I am putting myself through the paces three times a day in hopes that I can loosen up a bit. 

I really wanted to post today because we had our desktop computer scrubbed and we have been doing our best to restore what was on it before the viruses were removed. I think I just successfully got iCloud installed and got my iPhone to talk to my PC and download the photos my phone is sending to it. I store all on my phone photos on my desktop where I can edit them and save them in files. By Joe, I think I've got it!

Not to mention that Google chrome is restored, my blog is now back as a bookmark, and email is coming in steadily. We have more to do, but we are back in business with our main computer usage.

Now my laptop is being scrubbed and when we get it back we'll have to start over on it, but with more experience. :-)

It's time for another round of PT exercises and I've got to get vegetables in the oven to roast. They'll go with grilled lambchops and green salad with pear, walnuts and dried cranberries. 

That's how we roll here. We're moving along. 


13 comments:

  1. Good for you. My phone doesn't talk to my computer either. I get so frustrated. Dinner sounds good. Are you able to get good root vegetables up there? Things like turnips, parsnips and celeriac are terrible quality down here and very expensive. Daffodils are dancing in the strong winds. I saw my first swallow today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually roast gold potato wedges, carrots, and parsnip, with olive oil and thyme.

      Delete
  2. Dinner sounds excellent. Especially the salad. I have been on a baby spinach, beets, walnuts and feta roll lately. I need to shake it up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I hope that Tom's hands will be fixed and cause no more pain for him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds good. Sometimes rehabilitation takes a while. Keep working at it. It's worth while to get back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope Tom's hand is a simple fix and glad you are still working on your recovery. Don't envy you with the computer problems. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your hip is coming along, and I do hope you will be able to get your back in better condition. And fingers crossed for Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner sounds fantastic! I hope the best for both of your recoveries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you and Tom. Soumds like you have all in hand. Have a good Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Computers can definitely be a lot of trouble, but they also make life interesting and fun, especially for those of us who like to write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. there's always something to learn or do or fix with computers and having them all synched together...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ´ma glad your health improves.
    My back is no so stiff now but it takes time to come back to normal.
    I like your meal looks very good. Unfortunately with my second surgery I am not able to cook, this will be for next Easter!
    I wish the best Easter time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry you're both having to deal with the pain. Sigh. I guess at our age, it's always something, isn't it? I do worry about my computer. I'm sure it's got some sort of virus on it too, especially since my son-in-law hasn't been able to come from Illinois to work on it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.