Thursday, March 11, 2021

Spring cleaning

 Many of you bloggers write about spring cleaning. We do that too, but outside.

Tom has spent many hours pruning and clipping and grooming. With sunny days I have managed to get into the act the last few days. 

On Tuesday I pruned the roses.

A rose bush in the lower yard needed to be moved because it was being crowded out. Tom did that since I am not allowed to get down on my knees yet. Charlie came to help.
On Wednesday I raked out the bed under the big fir trees, where lots of cones and twigs had accumulated. Tom helped with the pick up.


The first of the big daffodils should open today in the sunlight. 
But we are taking the day off. We are going on a field trip. There will be pictures in a day or so. 

13 comments:

  1. We also need garden cleaning but I can’t do much. This week end we will have rain, so we will do spring cleaning inside.
    Have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also need garden cleaning but I can’t do much. This week end we will have rain, so we will do spring cleaning inside.
    Have a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to your field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful garden, and I'm thrilled to hear how much you are already able to do! Enjoy your vacation and please stay safe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new way to look at spring cleaning. I lied seeing the promise of those daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on your day off! It will be awhile before I do any spring cleaning outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see carefully managed plant locations that bloom at different times. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sun is shining and Spring cleaning can wait. Have a fun field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's looking good. After spring cleaning in the garden, a field trip is called for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how fun, i noted in our yard we have 5 hidden daffodils growing under a palmetto tree that we didn't plant! I'm tempted to cut them and bring them in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scent of the earth in the spring. It's so nice to see the green pushing through and the first flowers are so welcome.
    Enjoy your field trip!

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been at it myself. Your flower beds will soon be brimming with blooms. It all looks so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You guys are the hardest working gardeners I know. You deserve a break. Seattle must have the earliest spring in the country.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.