Friday, March 26, 2021

Springtime Decorating

While flowers decorate my springtime outside, I call on my pottery collection and my Easter/Spring friends to decorate inside. There are lots of chicks and ducks and bunnies from my collections.

I most likely publish these same photos, or mostly the same, every year. Most things seem to go back in the same places, but with slight variations that only I would notice. But I have fun placing them around the family room, the kitchen, the dining room and the powder room.

We'll start in the family room.


This basket is old, probably from Tom's childhood. 


The mantel in the family room.

This special bunny from my Grandmother's house decorates the kitchen table.


 Chickens in the powder room.

In the dining room. 

These characters came from our dear friend Mavis, who we still miss after two years. That white egg dish will hold JellyBelly eggs but I don't dare put them out yet. I can't resist them.


Back in the kitchen.

This is where all of the chicks and ducks live when they are not in their Easter parade.
Moving them out leaves a bit of room to decorate here too.


And now almost everything is out of the big Easter tub that is usually stored in the attic. Except for the baskets. And it looks like we may need them this year. Jill's lawn is under construction, so Easter will be here this year. Hopefully it won't rain on our parade, or egg hunt.




15 comments:

  1. You may put the same ones out every year, but they always seem fresh and new to me. I love seeing springtime in your lovely home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is all ready for Easter and Spring!! So many cute bunnies and chicks (and ducks).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so pretty! Your home is lovely and the memories these items hold are sweet.

    Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are well prepared for a parade right in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection! I have a bunny on the wreath by the door...that is all...oh I like Jelly Belly Beans too...vanilla, cherry, grape and coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks so pretty. Easter chicks and ducks were so cute back when I was growing up. I love your collection. You always know just where to place everything to look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun, you are certainly ready for easter and spring celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really know how to decorate. Just delightful. I am totally taken with the expression on the white bunny hauling a cart of eggs. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have wonderful decorations! I haven't been putting out any of mine lately because there's no one to see them except me. I can easily resist jelly bellies, but eat way too many of those chocolate candy covered malted milk eggs. And the chocolate and coconut nests are also my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your decorating for Easter and your display case with the exquisite vases. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny how the rabbits, chicks and ducks come out for spring/Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. It is great that you celebrate Easter with your family. We don't observe Easter here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By the way, there is a typo in your title. DecoRating. You forgot the R.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing all your decorations, Linda. It's making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This year I did little decoration. But I hope next year I’ll feel better to do more.
    You have plenty Easter decorations that’s nice.
    I wish you a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.