Thursday, March 4, 2021

It's March Fourth!

 For those of you who have been with me in the blogosphere for a while, you might remember that Marth 4th is Jill's birthday. I can report that she maintained her free food eat fest again this year. She just shared the goodies on Facebook, so here we go.

The birthday pageant started last evening, when we gathered here at the Reeder Homestead for a shared abundant amount of Chinese take out food from a small local restaurant Jill likes. We finished that off with Mom baked cherry pie, always her favorite, and, of course, DaffoJills. 


Then today Jill used her apps and her wheels, and apparently her very stretchable stomach, to collect her free birthday food.

There were two breakfasts:

Denny's Grand Slam
IHOP cheese chunk pancakes
A whole dozen glazed Krispy Kreme donuts- I hope she shared these.

Lunch time!

Red Robin burger and fries. Notice she substituted a lettuce wrap for the bun. Gotta' watch that calorie intake. 

Then dessert, maybe not in this order.

Starbucks Venti vanilla Frappuccino with caramel
Panera brownie
Baskin and Robins ice cream

Subway raspberry cheesecake cookie

Jill reported that at 4:30 she had half a brownie and the cookie left, plus a piece of pie to eat. She says "it will get eaten!"

And her words:


"My mom makes sure I have cherry pie to eat on my birthday every year with my DaffoJills."

I'm hungry now, but maybe not THAT hungry!

But even with a pandemic, it's good to know that the tradition has been upheld.

You go, Jill!

19 comments:

  1. I'd say it's a good thing she is the active type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, good she's not diabetic! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to Jill. She had some good things to eat. People who are very active can tolerate some good food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cherry pie looks wonderful. Jill is totally awesome! Happy Birthday, Jill! I am always so AMAZED at her freebies. All we get are the Starbucks drinks, but hmmm... I need to think about that iHop meal. Wow! I wish we had a Denny’s here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. What an amount of food!
    Nice to see your family.
    I love your new blog header.
    I wish you a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jill.
    I bow to her appetite. All that is free?? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Jill! Color me impressed that she can pack away that much free food.

    Love the new header! Take care, stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Jill. Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Jill! Looks like a proper food fest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a LOT of food, and it looks wonderful! I would substitute a marionberry pie for the cherry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. btw, what is the name of that beautiful flower in your header?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower on my header is a close up of our newest Hellebore. I bent down yesterday morning to snap it with m iPhone 8 and was rather startled at how clearly it came out. This newer variety is one that sort of holds its head up, and what a joy it is to see its face.

      Delete
  12. I am amazed every year at the amount of food she puts away. And I too love that beautiful flower in your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill, what a pleasure to know you through this gastronomic celebration. Happy happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your newest Hellebore is gorgeous.
    Happy birthday to Jill. Your family knows how to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, just WOW! Way to celebrate a birthday! I knew Denny's offered birthday breakfast, but have never actually partaken of it - usually think about it several days later - but all those other restaurants! I'm impressed!
    Also, the new cover photo is amazing! I love hellebores and will have to get some new ones for the new house. I was introduced to them by my daughter and immediately fell in love, but didn't realize just how many colors they could feature.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a heck of a lot of food. She must be one busy person to not put on weight!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.