Saturday, May 22, 2021

Lakewood Garden tour, Part 3

 The garden of Jan Jenson and Harry Welling is a complete remodel began in 2007, of a neglected garden of old shrubs and a back yard filled with weedy gravel. 

Now it is a wonder of color, texture, and form in abundance.



Most of my photos are taken in that once weedy gravel back yard. We approach up the driveway and along the sideline fence. 





Here the garden opens up to plantings and pathways and patios. 






A sunny , working side yard. 



An abundance of color and texture. 

The old Garry Oaks remind us that this was once part of that prairie. 











This was another gem of a garden that we were privileged to visit. 

9 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed with all the gardens you've visited (and yours as well). The work and effort that goes into creating these lush oases of color and texture is incredible. I love all the little seating areas throughout where one can sit and appreciate the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a foliage person so this was a special treat. Also that they started with weedy gravel was inspirational for I have a small patch of that I have been stumped by. May tackle it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am enjoying this touring event.
    Love your header picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing what time and lots of loving labor can bring about! and a willing climate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always blown away at the amazing gardens in Seattle, yours especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is certainly a beautiful place today. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful. Their garden is like their art museum. Even their worktable is wonderful. I think I need a worktable that inspires like theirs. I usually repot on the ground with a drop cloth. Very inspirational. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so grateful for your open gardens' posts, Linda! I missed these gardens because of the travel. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.