Thursday, June 9, 2022

June Things

 

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..

Well, no kitties today. It's too wet.


But no need for warm woolen mittens either. It's a June rain. Although I'm hoping the weight of the steady rain and some wind forecast for later don't flatten my newly bloomed delphiniums and foxgloves.






June flowers. 
I took these photos this morning before the rain got heavy. I went out to get the newspaper and the mail and lingered. I was getting the mail in the morning because I was prevented from getting it yesterday evening. There was a fledgling crow on the driveway, not able to fly, just flutter, and when I tried to pass it it just kept running farther away. Meanwhile the crow parents were squawking and dive bombing me. I abandoned the mail getting. I hope the baby made it to safety. Baby birds - June things. 

Since we are inside today we are taking care of business. Tom has made calls to the lawn mower guy and the water system back flow inspector. I have returned a call to my neurosurgeon's office and scheduled a consultation appointment for August 17, the earliest available. So I'll just enjoy June and July and try to forget about it for now. Summer is to be enjoyed.

We have two high school graduation parties to attend this weekend and one next weekend. Two more just got cards and cash. Graduation - a June thing. 

We got lots of work done in the yard this week, mostly cleaning out early spring spent plants and bulbs, cleaning up for summer. The tulips are all gone. Hostas we planted last June are coming along, some faster that others. Transition gardening - a June thing. 





And the rain falls. Flowers abound. June has busted out all over. 

The Korean dogwood trees are blooming. 

Spanish lavender
Glass flowers filling in until the day lilies and clematis bloom. 
Roses growing and budding, and beginning to bloom.
The other Korean Dogwood. 


June Abundance!

I hope your June is being good to you too. 

10 comments:

  1. June is certainly a beautiful month in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something beautiful and interesting to look at in every corner of your gardens. I love the last photo of the columbines. Mine are up but no buds as yet. We did have a nice rain today and the weather is warming up nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of it is lovely! The Spanish lavender look like blackberries. Do those lower parts bloom too? Is there a lavender scent with that plant? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that crows have vendettas if crossed so it was a good thing you delayed getting your mail. Wonderful garden and looking forward to more lushness as summer is arriving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think you were smart to leave the little bird to the care of its parents. Crows tend to carry a grudge if you mess with their babies.
    All the rain and your wonderful climate is plant paradise. Everything is just looking beautiful and lush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beauty JUne has brought to your yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know there was such a tree as Korean Dogwood. Nice! Gigi Hawaii

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so wonderful. We got well over a inch of rain here yesterday (Thursday) but today is better: partly cloudy and no rain for now. I love to see your garden and know you are appreciating the June of things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Flowers certainly do abound in June. I love the rose in the first photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer this June to the horrible heat of 2021. That color rose is one of my favorites; it's gorgeous. My Korean dogwood hasn't bloomed well these past few years. :( You have a beautiful yard.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.