Saturday, April 29, 2023

Hooray, It's Almost May!

 

Two days in a row now we have reached 79 degrees. The tulips will be happy when we go back down below 60 with a little rain for most of the next week.

But, Oh! The warmth feels so good and spring is so beautiful now. 


Since we got back from Whidbey I have been busy with two appointments, Friday morning breakfast, the weekly grocery shopping, PT exercises, stationary bike work outs, and watching sports. Our hockey team, the Kraken, are down to game seven on Sunday. Will Colorado or Seattle advance? This evening we have a Sounders soccer match to watch on TV. That means it's a pizza night. 

Today, for the first time since my hip surgery, I put on my gardening clothes, strapped on my garden tool belt, got my five gallon bucket for support, and got down on the ground to do a little gardening. I have to be careful but my PT therapist showed me how to get up and down, and I spent a little time on my knees. Then Tom and I spent more time upright, rearranging and replanting some of our patio pots. When the rain comes this week we will be ready to go plant shopping. 

There are chickadees in that birdhouse again, and Bewick's Wrens in the bird bottle on the front of the house. Our crow couple visits the lawn often. 
I just finished reading The Lake House by Kate Morton. Connie of Far Side recommended it. It was long and complex, switching time periods and narrators often, and yet it was compelling, a good read. 

The day is winding down. It's time to collect the mail and then settle down in my recliner and work my WORDLE and catch up on a few of your blog posts. 

My days are full.

11 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to hear that you are finally able to garden again. It must be thrilling, and looking at how much you are accomplishing in your days, it just gives me joy to hear of it. And

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that there's progression with your hip. It makes a big difference in the quality of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how happy it makes you to be able to get gardening again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm positive that digging in the dirt is one of the most rejuvenating tasks we can do. I'm happy to hear you were able to get back to gardening.
    I recently read a book Connie recommended, "Northwest Angle" by William Kent Kreuger. I really enjoyed it. I'll have to look for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your days certainly are full, and your garden is beautiful as always! Be nice to see the Kraken advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have deep weeded most of my front yard which was overtaken with California grass, amaranth bushes, and various other irritating weeds such as clover and grass species that I don't like. It feels so good to be digging in the garden, doesn't it? Your garden is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked the book. Your gardens are so colorful and downright cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is beautiful ! When you talk about you going to do gardening I can imagine you putting your equipment! Ready to go …
    You look much better! We have been working in the garden a lot and have pains . To much work but before the rain we have to be quick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seeing The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock. However, I can hardly remember it. I shall have to read the book now. I'll check the library to see if they have it on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh... nope. The movie is different from the book. Hmmm... But this book sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your gardens are beautiful! I read the Lake House quite a while ago, it was a good read. Glad you are able to get out and work in your garden.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.