Saturday, April 1, 2023

I Decorated

 

It's April, no foolin', but we could honestly use more showers. Tom reports that our garden is very dry, and so far this rainy day isn't rainy at all. Mother Nature April Fools? 

I have been enjoying my Spring/Easter decorations as I sit in my recliner too many hours a day, icing and elevating. I got them up early in the week as part of my "activity", moving around as directed on my rehab charts. 

I tend to put the decorations up in the same places every year, with few changes. 

The mantel

Ducks in a row on the old trunk. Tom decorated his little glass house.

The coffee table

Color coordinated :-)

My childhood Easter basket. 



Chickens in the powder room, with the first blooms from my mother's camellia. 

The kitchen table, with chicks and a bunny that belonged to my maternal grandmother. 

And some of the other things placed here and there. 



There are more, but that's enough for this post. 

On one of my walks in the garden I saw that the violets are starting to bloom. Since they are too close to the ground for me right now, I had Tom pick me a sweet little bunch.

They remind me of my mother, because her name was Violet. 

T.S. Eliot famously said April was the cruelest month, and that is often quoted as a comment on the unsettled weather and the storms it can bring. Some parts of our country, and world, are suffering. The news can be dismal and depressing. 

I am wishing you all rays of sunshine to brighten your day and lift your spirits. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Your post certainly lifted my spirits! All those familiar Easter decorations, and I'm glad they are pretty much the same from year to year, since it's reassuring among all the external changes in the larger world. Wishing you the very best weekend to come. We must have gotten your rain, since we've had several days of it, and more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have decorated so nicely for Easter. I gave most of my decorations away...just too much to keep:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like getting out the old familiar decorations too. Your home is looking very Easter-ish and lovely. My violets are just starting to grow. It will be a while before they get big enough to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. April showers bring May flowers. We'll see. The weather patterns seem to be mixed up. Our weather here has been so hot and humid - it feels like summer. But we might be getting heavy rain soon which makes all the trees and weeds so happy. 14 years ago it rained and rained and rained for 40 days and nights in Hawaii. The clouds just kept hanging around to drench our islands.

    It was so difficult to find a pikake lei for our daughter's graduation in California in May that year because the plants didn't get enough sunshine to bud up. We did manage to get a lei, at a premium price. So all was good after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decorate only for Christmas. But my neighbor here in Tucson does it up royal for all the holidays. She has a shed full of her seasonal decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tend to decorate for spring instead of Easter. That way I can leave the decorations up until it's time for the 4th of july decorations to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "April showers bring May flowers." Lovely decor, Linda. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes , you brightened my day with your nice colourful Easter decorations. The big chicks are vintage and beautiful !
    I also have some violets everywhere in the garden but can’t bend to get them I ll’ have to ask my husband Pascal to get a bunch of them. We had a lot of rain these last days we needed rain. I wish you a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make the holidays so lovely. I do not decorate since my kids and grands have moved on. But I can come hear and get the vibes!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.