Wednesday, March 29, 2023

54 Years

 

Look at those two kids on their wedding day. They both had hair and neither was gray. 

Once we've passed the big 5-0 celebration, each subsequent year just seems like that, just another year. There will be no big celebration. I'll spend the day doing my recovery and rehabilitation stuff and Tom will work outside until he leaves for a late afternoon eye appointment. 

We will go out to dinner at a nearby favorite Mexican restaurant. Even a non-notable year deserves recognition. After all - 54 years!


It's hard not to think about how we all got old when I look at this photo, where we were all so young. Two of my sisters are gone. One of Tom's cousins passed years ago. The rest of us are all grandparents, some with adult grands. 

Tom has been my beloved life partner for a long time now. Once again he has been called on to see me through another surgery recovery, and he is a wonderful caretaker. Our love is still strong as we approach old age.

Thank you, Tom, for these 54 years together. We'll work to keep each other going for more years to come. 

15 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Tom! It goes by fast, doesn't it? Just keep taking care of each other and you'll hopefully have many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and Happy wedding Anniversary !
    I love the pictures and I could recognise you both easily. Tom is a very good caretaker for sure. Have a nice restaurant together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations !! We'll reach 60 years in Autumn. Hardly seems possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 54 good years. Yes, it takes work and effort for a good relationship but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, how sweet! Everyone looks so perfect. (I wanna marry the groomsman 2nd from far right.) Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! We will do 54 in December. It is quite an accomplishment! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, what a pair of cuties in the rear window. Wishing you many more wonderful years together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary. That was such a beautiful wedding - love the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw your post "54 years" I just had to see if you posted the picture of you and Tom looking back throught the car window. I love that picture! Love your wedding picture too. Congratulations! You two make such a great couple. Sorry I haven't visited in a while but I did check back on those posts I've missed. Irene is really something! She is such a beautiful girl. So glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.