Wednesday, July 3, 2024

4th of July Pie

 

It's almost Independence Day again already. We'd better celebrate it while we still have it.

I made pie. For our family 4th of July celebration dinner at SIL Jan's house.

It's tripple berry pie. Jill wanted cherry. Don't you know you have to have cherry pie for the 4th of July?  But I didn't want to make a special trip to go buy pie cherries. I had berries. So she's making her own. Good. Jake likes berry pie. We'll all be happy. 

I also made Macaroni salad. And I picked a mixed bouquet from my garden now that I actually have some flowers. 


Tomorrow we'll go to a parade and and eat brunch. We'll come home and rest. Then we'll go to Jan's and eat some more and watch neighborhood fireworks on Henderson Bay. 

We'll celebrate our freedom, because we can.

Happy 4th of July!

10 comments:

  1. Happy fourth of July to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Indepence Day to you and yours, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie smells wonderful, and the flower arrangement is beautiful! (Have you priced flowers at the flower shop lately? Even in the flower section of the grocery store?) Love the little salt and pepper shakers too; looks like they're from a few years back. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I look forward to your upcoming post with pictures of your celebration. It is heartbreaking to think how our country has divided and degraded due to our own selves. However, we will survive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pie looks tasty. I'm sure it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flowers! Glad you enjoyed the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cherry pie and macaroni salad look and sound amazing! I haven't had a cherry pie in ages. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful celebration.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.