Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Back To The Ordinary

 With the birthday celebrating all done, we have been back to ordinary routines here lately.



There are flowers to pick and arrange.

House keeping and laundry to do. 

Berries to pick and enjoy.


Exercises to do.

This stationary bike ride got shortened when I wore out and got too hot. My mile + walks the last few days have been pleasant in the coolness of cloudy weather.

I have my "kids" to keep track of as they set out on their latest adventures. They were supposed to climb Mt Lassen today, but fire has closed all of that area, so they are back in Oregon on Mt Mcloughlin today. 

Crater Lake and Newberry Crater Obsidian Flow

On Friday I saw my physical therapist, she watched me walk and said there was noticable improvement. It has been ever so slow, but better. We signed off, I am to keep doing my exercise routines, and "keep doing stuff", like the four soccer matches I went to. She cheered at that accomplishment. She advised that I keep this up for six months and contact my orthopedic surgeon to get on the list for knee replacement in February. I made that contact today. 

Monday I had my latest echocardiogram, then met with my cardiologist. There has been no change, no deterioration in 16 months. Yay! My artificial aortic valve is fine and my mitral valve is holding steady. All good news.

I have been watching a lot of Olympic events, especially swimming, soccer, and gymnastics. I'm glad there are rebroadcasts of some of these in the evenings, since I can't stay tuned all night and day. 

Now I have just enough time to study our state primary ballot and voters guide. Of course I'll be choosing Democrats unless there is an obvious reason not to. I am pretty excited about the November election now. We have a strong woman candidate in Kamala Harris. 

Onward we go!




11 comments:

  1. Hooray! You've won the elderling's ADL all-round! Good scores! Linda in Kanas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news in the health department for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colourful flowers. I’m glad your walk and health improved

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news regarding your heart and walking. You've obviously been putting in the work.
    From this Canadian, it is a breath of fresh air to see Kamala Harris in the running. From my perspective, it appeared Joe Biden's health was/is failing somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers. You are doing well, Linda. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty bouquets! You are making great progress with walking and doing your PT! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the best bouquets! And so glad to hear about all the positive health news. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going back to the ordinary. Glad your body is getting better - mostly because you do what needs to be done. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you've been keeping busy with a nice balance of daily routines and personal progress! It’s great to hear about your improvement and the positive news from your health appointments. Enjoy the rest of the Olympic events and best of luck with your state primary ballot. Here’s to continued good health and staying engaged with what’s happening around you!

    I have just shared a new blog post and I would love for you to check it out and give me your feedback on www.melodyjacob.com. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog and enjoyed reading what you're up to! Yay for Democrats!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.