Thursday, July 18, 2024

Thank you!

 I spent a large part of my birthday yesterday reading comments on my blog and birthday wishes on Facebook. That was lovely. Thank you to all who acknowledged me yesterday with good wishes and personal messages. It meant a lot to me.

In the cool of the morning I picked an "exuberant" bouquet. It looks kind of like our garden, slightly untamed.

In the afternoon I allowed Tom to come with me up to the Starbucks at our local Safeway so I could clain my free birthday beverage. I had to buy his. Then I sat on the patio in my garden and indulged in a mocha frappe with caramel drizzle and whipped cream. Yum.
We had Papa Murphey's pizza and salad for an early dinner, and then we were off to the Sounders match. It was still 80 degrees so we cooled off in the air conditioned club before taking our seats. 

It was another victory for the Sounders and another good evening for us. We got home at 11:00 and unwound with ice cream before getting to bed. 

Now I am officially an octogenerian. We are off in a bit to meet my sister for lunch in Olympia. Her birthday is Saturday.

Thanks again for the messages and for being my friends, virtually and in person.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear it was a great day, with many many more wonderful days to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a virtual friend, you are most welcome and admired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you had an enjoyable day. Happy Birthday to your sister too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Linda! Aloha from Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, Happy Birthday! Oh, I enjoyed your birthday post so much. What a wonderful life! I love the pictures that told the story. I had forgotten that your mother's name was Violet. How special. Well, welcome to the 80s. Hope you celebrate many many more birthdays.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.