Saturday, July 6, 2024

It Was A Grand Old Fourth

 

We ate brunch with friends and watched a parade. No Gus this year, see the previous post, but lots of cool cars.


We found Jill and the girls on the parade route and watched with them. Then we came home and rested. Later we drove south to Jan's house on Henderson Bay near Gig Harbor. It was a beautiful day, full of mountain majesty. 

The bay was calm and the sky was blue.


The family was gathered: Isaac with Shayla, Irene, Jill, Nebraska summer grandaughter Allie, and Jake. 

We ate lots of good food. Some of us, the younger ones, went kyaking. Some of us, the olders, sat a lot. 


It was great to have our three generations all together. 


We watched the sun go down.




We had spraklers just for me. 

Jake lit the fire and the kids lit off Jill's fireworks.




All around the bay the neighbors and visitors were putting on a show, a big show!



Tom got some great photos.





We got home after midnight and the celebrating around us lasted well into the night. I think it was finally quiet enough to go to sleep about 2:00. The next morning, going to breakfast, the air was still full of smoke. The 4th was celebrated with a bang, all over. 

It was a grand old 4th. 


4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a PERFECT Independence Day celebration you had! You are so lucky to have all of your beautiful family together. I can't help but be a bit envious. I love all your patriotic t-shirts and blouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sun went down and quiet conversation continued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful. I almost didn't see you sitting there in the shade, but I'm glad I looked again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really a fun July 4th celebration. I so enjoyed seeing all the family together again. Especially love the picture of you and Irene. All the pictures are special. And the story of Gus the Bus, is just wonderful. I know it did all your hearts good to see Gus all dressed up and redone. It was quiet here, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.