Saturday, July 13, 2024

July Celebrations

 

Now that it's mid July, I finally have a few flowers to pick in my garden. I'm celebrating July flowers. 

Friday, July 12th, was a very special day for a dear friend. We helped Dede clebrate her 97th birthday at breakfast with the regulars, a few additional women who had also taught with her, and one of her sons, here for the occasion from Oregon. 


When Dede arrived with her son Dale, she was very much surprised to see old friends, birthday balloons, and cake. 


Tom, Teresa, Kelly, Lela, Jan in the mirror, Linda, Dale, and Dede





Dede loved it all, and then we sent her on for more celebrating, first for lunch at her senior residence, and then to dinner with more family. Dede is a wonder. 

Now I am looking forward to more birthdays, my 80th on the 17th, my sister Laurie's on the 20th, my brother Don's on the 21st, and Tom's brother Dave's also on the 17th. 

We'll celebrate Don and Dave from a distance but Laurie and I will meet up for lunch on the 18th. There is a bit of a pageant scheduled for me. There will be reports later. 

Happy July, everyone. 

9 comments:

  1. A great achievement and celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I welcome you to the Octogenarian Dance, dear friend. Wow, we have known each other for a long time now. And happy birthday to Dede!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Dede!
    Looking forward to hearing about your pageant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Dede and in advance to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Dede, what a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to Dede. She looks good for an 87 year old never mind one 97 💗💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful to celebrate a friend at 97! Happy Birthday to you in a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your July flowers, Linda. And Happy Birthday to Dede! 97 is a milestone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many July birthdays! Good people month. My husband also had a July birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.