Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Wilting

 About 3:00 this afternoon I decided I needed to get up out of my chair and experience outside. I have been avoiding outside because it's hot, and I don't do heat well, and because I am still recovering from some nasty insect bites that both hurt and itch and have for days. Bugs find me delicious, I guess. 

I put on my mosquito shirt and walked around a bit.

It was 93. The dahlias were sagging.

The glass flowers don't wilt.
The daylilies looked OK. 
I changed the water in the crow's bird bath. We have had a resident pair of crows for years now. They have adopted this memorial birdbath as their own. It's a memorial to my late sister Ilene. She would approve. 
Someone in the neighborhood feeds them bread and they come here to dunk it. It leaves a mess.

So far today I have had a Zoom meet up, gone to the grocery store for a few fresh things, read blogs, and played solitare on my lap top while I watched  a European Championship Semifinal soccer game between Spain and France. Lunch and paper reading took me up to the move to my chair where I finally figured out the bluetooth on the new receiver we bought July 1st for our TV and sound system. Now I can play my iTunes on my phone through my sound system. I'll use that most at Christmas time, since I have a great little bluetooth speaker for easier  connecting. 

Now it's time to return to my chair and work my Wordle. I almost hope it's a hard one that takes me more time. I need to stay occupied while is stay indoors. 


8 comments:

  1. I left Seattle in 1999 to retire near my kids in E WA. It's almost 6PM and it's still106 F. I got up early to water my patio plants and look at the sky and I haven't been outside since. I've ordered groceries for delivery. Doing many puzzles and reading a lot. Most of my hearty children and grandkids are north of here camping. Good for them but it would do me in. Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try some Absorbine Jr the green liquid stuff it stops itching of bug bites. I use it in the summer especially with the skeeters. Stay cool! That is a lovely bird bath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed all 6 tries to get the Wordle today. It was a hard one ( for me).
    Yes, it's just too hot. I will go out when the sun sets and do some more watering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some days are a challenge. I don't do well in heat. It looks like it will be hot for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was hotter here yesterday than I ever remember, at 88 I was more than wilted. I also couldn't sleep as I lay in bed miserable. But today is a new day and is only supposed to get to 80. Yikes! It's not even mid-July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly are getting the heat. It amazes me how the plants bounce back from the extreme temperatures.
    We are expecting a high of 31C (88F) today, and though I had my tea outdoors this morning, I won't be spending much time in the yard today either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 93° without air conditioning would wilt me for sure! We are having quite lovely weather here as I have finally completely hand weeded an overgrown back yard. It rains a little at night and I water more during the day. Sure hope your heat wave ends soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For the moment it’s still cool here but the temperature is slowly going up, but no more rain for the moment so we can go out with the grandsons

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.