Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Lilies and Appointments

 

Lilies I can appreciate. Appointments are too numerous and getting to be a drag.

I just returned from a long dental appointment: 6 month checkup and cleaning, and finally the installation of my tooth implant. I can't eat yet so I'm grabbing this time to finally post a blog.

This week I  had a primary care appointment which led to scheduling a bunch of additional medical appointments. I spent a long time yesterday getting them all scheduled. Today it was dentist, tomorrow it's a haircut, and Friday its a medical phone appointment. I am booking appointments into next year. :-/

But the lilies are blooming!





The lily and the Buddleias were having a fragrance contest.

The Canas are blooming too.

There are interesting blooms in the "Danger Garden" too. 


And sunflowers!


I have been recording the Olympic Track and Field events so I can watch them when I'm not busy. I do love watching these competitions. And unless the result is so close you need a photo finish, you can tell who wins. No judges in T and F. :-)

I have been trying to grab time for a few articles about the new VP nominee. Tim Walz seems like a good guy with interesting credentials: military, high school teacher and coach, member of congress, state governor. Kamala and Tim have got my support. 

I can eat now, so see you later.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finally getting that implant finished. And I am also thrilled about Walz and think he will be an real asset to Kamala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers everywhere. First I've seen of such a color of sunflower petals. Glad you got the dental work done. We might have to grit our teeth to get to a good result with Harris and Walz in November! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great show of Lilies. I also see some hostas in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lilies are lovely! In looking at them, I realized that my lilies are missing this year. They are one of my favorite flowers and they smell so wonderful. I have "lily bulbs" on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lilies are so lovely. Our tiger lilies are opening now too.
    Good luck with all of the appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought that lilies bloomed during Easter - well that is when we see that flower in our local stores here. Those appointments can be a drag but you are getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Walz what a putz he is...if they win at least we will be rid of him here in Minnesota. He is not liked by Minnesota Veterans for his military record "Stolen Valor" or Law Enforcement after Minneapolis was burning.
    Your lilies are very beautiful and I bet they are fragrant too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lilies are gorgeous especially the big white ones. Could they be Casa Blanca? I used to have them but each year there diminished. I haven't seen any yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen such beautiful lilies, especially those white ones around the bird house. Wish I could grow canna lilies like yours! I normally don't cancel appointments, especially at the last minute but Thursday was different. We were getting one tornado warning after the other and I just didn't want to go out in the pouring rain and strong winds. It was my primary care visit. Guess I will schedule another one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the lilies perfume. Your garden is in beautiful bloom! I had my dentist appointment last week and I must have an implant but I am really scared, I may try this autumn. Is it very painful?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not all that painful but it takes months to complete.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.