Friday, August 23, 2024

NPA Open Gardens

 We finally got around to visiting some Northwest Perennial Alliance Open Gardens on Sunday. We saw four gardens in the Burien to West Seattle area. Rather than share all the photos, I'm just going to post an assortment of pretty pictures I took in these gardens. 

The Garden of Peter and Cathy Barton, Gregory Heights











The Garden of Janyce and Kent Horton, Shorewood




Dave Peterson, West Seattle











Robin Mers, West Seattle

















Most of these were hillside gardens, many with steps without hand rails. I relied on Tom for support and my legs got a workout, climbing and steadying myself to maintain my balance. I paid for it the next day, but it was worth it. 



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I liked the colors in the first garden...the Red Hot Pokers and the Orange Coneflowers were awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gardens are at their peak at tis time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome new header. It just leaps right out at you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous gardens, all of them. The chicken was a cute surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous green green gardens, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed "walking" around these lovely gardens with you. Looks like you had good weather for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still like yours' the best. I liked how the bird baths were converted into planters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Outstanding gardens! Thanks for sharing those. Gardening in that climate is something I miss after moving east of the Cascades.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.