Sunday, September 8, 2024

Sunday

 

I picked new flowers yesterday. I have a few more dahlias blooming. I wish they lasted longer in the vase.

Saturday was still warm. My exercise was 40 minutes on the stationary bike in the garage, a good workout. I was planning to watch some of the UofW Huskies football, but since they moved to the Big 10 Conference, we have so far not been able to get Husky football here in the Northwest unless we subscribe to the Big Ten broadcasts. The game was here in Seattle, but not on TV. Locals are not happy. The Huskies won though.

The Sounders won in Columbus, Ohio, and the WSU Cougars won at home in Pullman. Three for three. Now we just have the Seahawks to go. The game starts here in Seattle at 1:30. I'll be watching. 

It is cloudy and cool here today, still only 62 at 11:30, and I am loving it. We went for our walk this morning. Our standard neighborhood walk is 1.15 miles, enough for me, and it keeps Tom moving too. I always have in the back of my mind the words of my Physical Therapist, " Just keep doing stuff." I'm trying.

Now that blogs are done, I'll find my Seahawks shirt, and then begin reading the Sunday Seattle Times. There is lots to check out in the Sunday paper, and yes, it is still an actual paper.

See you later. 

Update: The Seahawks won today. Four for four.


10 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the Seahawks won today, and I know you are glad, too. I love the cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have many things to be interested in. It keeps you going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that the weather is less oppressive we can really enjoy Fall! Your Dahlias look great ( and so do you. I'm always glad when bloggers post pics of themselves).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect weekend! Can't wait for it to cool down here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for your teams! And cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking good Linda! Glad your Seahawks won, nice that you have cooler weather. We are warm again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love that cooler weather. It's so hot right now here in Hawaii. I think I have the same glasses as you, Linda. I love seeing that photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me I must also do some exercises and walk today. It has been raining last night but sun during the day, it is very cool now even cold in the morning. Beautiful dahlias and bright Autumn colours.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.