Friday, September 27, 2024

More From Whidbey, and Back Home

 We did some exploring Tuesday afternoon before coming home on Wednesday. 

The Goose grocery store display was fun. 

There was lots of blue reflecting from the sky.

We found a new trail to check out. There were wild rose hips and snowberries. 

The trail, an old mill road, was short be steep. I got a workout. 
The sound was nearby, and the road was for hauling wood chips from a mill to the sound for shipping. Local history. 
We had afternoon coffee in Langley, where there are always flowers. Autumn crocus are so pretty. 
Then we drove to the other side of the island and found a beach at Mutiny Bay. Surprisingly, neither of us had ever been there. I loved the sky drama. 






Since the family had voted to discontinue our TV cable account, we had to learn how to stream using my laptop. There were a few glitches, but we figured it out. Convenient? No. But free. Old dogs can learn new tricks. 

Tom got yard work done while I did PT.

We cleaned up after ourselves and came home Wednesday mid day. 

Thursday was more long PT, getting lab work done,  getting Covid and flu shots, and taking care of stuff at home. I found a recipe for chile relleno casserole to use some of our pablano peppers. The result was yummy, and we have left overs for today.

( I turned this photo three times and it still won't behave. :-/ )

Now it's Friday afternoon. We have been out to breakfast and got out grocery shopping done. I have talked to my sister on the phone, ate lunch and read the paper, did some more PT, and now am finishing up blogging. Tom is fixing a collapsing book shelf. 

Next I'll go outside and pick flowers. There's always something to do around here. We'll relax in the evening. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.