Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday In Paradise

Tomorrow is my birthday and in the morning I'll be heading to my favorite place on Earth, Paradise on Mount Rainier. We'll be meeting my sister and brother-in-law at Longmire Lodge, just inside the National Park boundary at 10:00 AM. From there we'll see the sights, walk in the wild flower meadows, hike the flanks of the mountain and peer into glaciers, have a picnic lunch, and then check in for our overnight at Paradise Inn. We'll have birthday dinner in the dining room of the inn. I hope to get up early Saturday to take some photos in the morning light, depending on the weather. I know it will be sunny tomorrow. I did this four years ago for my birthday and it was perfect. I hope to make it even more so by sharing it with my sister, who's birthday is Monday. I'll be back with photos in a few days.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! It certainly sounds like paradise. Happy Birthday, and many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have fun, sounds like a perfect day in paradise for your birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very HAPPY birthday to you Linda.. Have a wonderful time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...Happy Birthday, to you and to your sister. I'm pretty sure it will be as perfect as you dream it will be.

    And I for one can't wait to see the photos you take of Paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, Happy Birthday, Linda! I can't wait to see the photos you will take. I love that header photo. Please wish your sister a happy birthday also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. walking in wildflowers for your birthday!!
    how perfect

    you deserve your own field of flowers

    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your opening Mt. Rainier photo with wildflowers in the foreground is spectacular!!!!
    Hope your birthday trip there was perfect.
    Stef

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a perfect way to spend the day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Linda,, what a way to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.