Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swiss Chard For Dinner

I harvested more crops today. I picked Swiss chard, a lovely little head of butter crunch lettuce, and our first zucchini. I also made my first summer bouquet with zinnias, marigolds and dahlias. They are just starting to bloom in the cutting garden. I love making abundant summer flower bouquets.
There were more sweet peas to pick this time. They smell so good sitting on the kitchen table.
This afternoon we had a new visitor to the yard. I looked up from my chair to see this cotton tail rabbit on the patio. It returned later while we were eating dinner and came right up to the patio door. So far I haven't noticed any chomping in my garden. It may be a matter of time.

12 comments:

  1. Those sweet peas are gorgeous. Be nice to that little bunny. I love bunnies since I don't have flowers or vegetables for them to chew on. I can't get over those sweet peas. I've never seen any that large.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweet peas remind me of Mom. She loves them,also. At least the bunny don't eat as much as the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you realize I'm just sitting here in awe of your gardening skills. I'm also green with envy! Wow! Everything looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was introduced to Swiss chard when I moved to NY and like it alot. Your flowers are very beautiful. The earth laughs in flowers!! You've got a lot of laughing going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. now comes the rewards for all your hard work. watch out for the bunny...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, I love chard! What a cute bunny! I hope he leaves your garden alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sweet peas and I love zucchini! What a delightful garden you have, I know what a pleasure it must be -- in spite of the work! The bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweet peas rival those that grow in Tasha Tudor's gardens. And your bouquet of mixed flowers is beautiful!

    You truly do have a gift for making things grow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. watch out for the cotton tail. I came home from the cabin to find something, probably a rabbit, had stripped all the leaves from my bean plants. Serves me right for not protcting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You get the most lovely things from your garden. I hope the bunny finds something else to eat even though I do love rabbits...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell Tom he does not have to save me any of that chard.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooh! Cute bunny!!!! And that basket of greens is a site for sore eyes,, wow,, I could use help with my garden, yours is flourishing, what am I doing wrong? Do you fertilize with chemicals or compost? Scratching head..
    Hey sweet peas, are go- geous!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.