Monday, July 6, 2009

Successful Tech Support For Suzie

You may remember my cute little Acer Aspire One mini-laptop. When I got her for Christmas my little granddaughter and I decided she was cute enough to be a girl and we named her Suzie.
Well, I thought I broke Suzie because the battery pack was not working. I remembered removing it hurriedly when Susie went berserk on me about a month ago when I was using her in the car and picking up a wireless signal outside a restaurant in Langley on Whidbey Island.
I finally got around to dealing with the problem. I collected all of the necessary serial numbers, etc, found the one service number for the USA and called. I got to an actual person within about 30 seconds! The tech guy, probably in India, was fairly easy to understand as he led me through a series of screens and attempted fixes. I did have to ask him to repeat several times and I could tell he was getting just a bit impatient with me ( heard him sigh) but he stuck with me in my clumsiness and lack of knowledge.
We were at the point where he was going to order a new battery pack when I tried checking the battery function again. Low and behold, the fix seemed to have taken after all!
Now Susie is here on the counter getting her battery power restored, getting charged up. I'm charged up myself, because it worked! I did it! And I have the information for further support if I need it. Hurray!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when these pussling little machines spring to life and work again?

    I'm almost personal friends with the folks at Amazon's Kindle. It seems the signal, which comes from Sprint, is too low in the area where I live to pick up much. To download anything I usually wind up calling for help and they do some kind of super charge to get enough power to me for whatever I've purchased to download.

    I've given up on receiving anything on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who says outsourcing doesn't work? hooray for tech support in india. My son who lives in seattle made a trip last year to india to train tech support people. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you amazed that you were able to fix it? I would have fallen over!
    Don't we have any smart American techies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yae! Congratulations! My hat is off to you! Not just an amazing gardener but a very competent techie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered how those little minis worked with the smaller keyboard. Glad you were able to get her fixed...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.