Monday, July 13, 2009

Vashion Island Gardens

On Sunday the weather was cloudy and cool, with showers in the area, the first for a long time. But it was perfect weather for going garden touring. We toured five private gardens and DIG Nursery. I took so many photos I have to pare them down, and show them in batches.
We took the ferry from Fauntleroy (West Seattle) over to Vashion Island.
The first house was actually on Maury Island, which is attached to Vashion by a narrow isthmus. The house overlooks Quartermaster Harbor.
(Click on photos to see the details. They're too good to miss.)
A gorgeous garden in a very special old village out in the Puget Sound.

3 comments:

  1. It looks so cool and refreshing as I am sweltering in our 106 degrees today. We will spend a week on Oregon coast in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, The Fauntleroy, I have taken that to Port Orchard.. not Vashon tho..nice gardens Linda.. You do so many interesting , fun things.. Always a joy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful garden--waiting to see the others too. I wish I had the patience and time to make my gardens look something like that.
    I can always enjoy someone elses, I suppose. MB

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.