Saturday, June 19, 2010

Transitions

Jill and the kids were delivered to the airport at 6:00 AM this morning. Jill reported via email that by 2:30 this afternoon they were laying or playing in the kiddy pool in the sun. She said early flights make for early evenings and therefore good transitions back to mountain time. I have had trouble sleeping the last two nights, and I was up with Jill at 5:00 AM this morning, watching a World cup soccer game. We were up early yesterday too, watching the USA play their second match, against Slovenia, to a 2-2 tie. Today we were on the road by 8:00, headed to Bellevue for the second day of the Hardy Plant Study Weekend. This is a 3-4 day conference that combines garden tours and presentations by garden experts. This is our first experience with this conference. We started yesterday by touring six gardens south of Seattle in the Tacoma to Olympia area. Then we met at 6:45 at the Bellevue Hilton for an opening evening session. While we were doing this, Jill and the kids spent the day with Aunt Jan in Gig Harbor. Today we had morning sessions at the hotel and then toured six gardens in the Bellevue area this afternoon. We were beat by the time we got home. A meal out helped to restore some energy. We go back for more sessions tomorrow morning and more garden tours in the afternoon. Then on Monday we have six more gardens to tour before finishing up. Today's sessions were quite good and all of the gardens have been wonderful. Here are a few photos of the gardens we visited yesterday. Garden 1 Garden 2
Garden 3
Garden 4
Garden 5
This evening we've done some laundry and have begun to strip beds. We're transitioning back to a 2 person household. I've thought about the kids all day, and I miss them, of course. I'm also very tired and happy to be getting back to normal after three weeks.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous captures of such incredibly beautiful flowers! The colors are breathtaking. I know you'll miss your family, but you always manage to stay busy! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed. Has it been 3 weeks that they were there? Time flies. The pictures give me ideas for my yard. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of those gardens. They are so gorgeous! I have got so much I need to do with ours and I haven't had the energy to do anything. I'll have to keep living vicariously through you.

    You'll have to get on Skype with those beautiful grandchildren. It does help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother Nature at her finest! The gardens are spectacularly grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it will be another cloudy day today, this time reaching up here to Bellingham. I have gone to the Seattle Flower Show twice now, and your pictures reminded me of some of the more beautiful ones. The picture with the butterfly is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful visit you've enjoyed and those are gorgous gardens to be sure. relax and enjoy your sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gardens take my breath away! Just beautiful! Glad you had such a great visit with your family. Now you can sit back and bask in the memories of those fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I would so enjoy visiting each of the gardens. It sounds like quite an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, absolutely beautiful gardens, and enjoyed all your photos immensely. I agree with Kay, Skype would be a great way of keeping in touch with your grandchildren.

    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! The colors; the textures; EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely gorgeous gardens..sure puts mine to shame. ha

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.