Friday, August 17, 2012

Remodel Update: Demolition Begins

We're having a mini-heat wave here in Seattle again, so we are happy to have the AC turned on again.  It has now reached 91 at 3:30 on this Friday afternoon.

Yesterday it topped out at 94.  I caught it on the weather station monitor at 93.
Yesterday I was out at 8:00 in the morning to get in my 3.5 mile walk and then got some work done in the garden, picking crops, hand watering places that the sprinkler system couldn't keep up with, and picking and arranging flowers for the table and bathroom.
 The sweet peas finally bloomed, but they won't last long in the heat.

Zinnias and asters love the heat.

There are no big, colorful bouquets of dahlias on the coffee table, because there is no coffee table.

Yesterday Tom removed the brick veneer from the old fireplace surround.




This morning I was up at 6:00 to get in a walk before going to our Friday morning breakfast group.  Now we are hanging around inside.  It's time for reading and lounging, or napping.

Sunday the kids will be over to help move furniture into the garage. Monday the contractors will begin the fireplace install, and I'll have the grand kids as their mom goes back to work, getting the school year underway.  

I'll enjoy the quiet while I can.

9 comments:

  1. I am loving this Seattle heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hating this Bellingham heat wave. So uncomfortable! I can't wait for it to start cooling down again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are involved in a big project. It will be so nice when it is done. Love the bouquets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the progress. This is so much fun! I love seeing other people's home renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys got so much done! The fireplace looks great. Can't wait to see the new fireplace when it is done.

    Have a good time with the kids. It has been hot here too, but I think it is worse for you guys than for us because of the humidity. We have a new fire right outside of Bend that began yesterday though.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see the after pictures. My grand mother never redecorated, she just moved. I kind of take after her in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's in the 70s here today and I'm loving it
    it has been a miserable summer in the NE

    good luck with the renovation

    love all your flowers

    ReplyDelete
  8. In the 80s here; I think it was 83 when we turned the a/c on.

    Good luck with the renovations. Sounds like quite an ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are having hot days here too. The geraniums love it, but only if I water them every day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.