Thursday, January 17, 2013

In A Fog

Each morning for about the last week we have started the day with freezing fog.  It makes for a thick blanket of frost everywhere, and some slick streets and sidewalks.  It usually burns off quite rapidly, and I have been enjoying my brisk walks each day in the cold sunshine.

But today it never burned off.
 This was the scene as I went out to the street to get the mail late this afternoon, after I had done my exercising indoors today on the stationary bike.
 Air quality is poor on days like this, with a temperature inversion holding pollutants in. And besides, that almost freezing fog is just too penetratingly chilly.   
It looks like rain will return next week.  I will miss the sunshine, but not the cold fog.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to all who responded about my inquiry about acupuncture.  My insurance will cover eight visits per year, with $20 copay.  That's not much, so if I go that route, I will have to prioritize which physical condition needs that attention most.  I am suffering now from sciatica as a result of my back/spine condition.  My next move is to call Group Health physical therapy and set up an appointment for exercises for sciatica, to add to those I already do.

Forget staying in shape.  I'm just trying to keep moving, and it takes a lot of time and work!


8 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by your diligence with exercising. I started a walking video and the second day my knee was acting up so I've backed off for a few days. We have sun and temps are warming back to high 50s-YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics remind me of foggy San Francisco, where I lived for 4 months in 1968 after college. Ugh! Hated the damp cold.

    So sorry to hear about your ailments, Linda. Pain is never fun, and I hope therapy and acupuncture help you. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eerie.

    I hope you find some relief from all your arthritis pain. Husband, brother, and sister all go through that and it really is miserable, especially for those used to being active.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel blessed that I don't have arthritic joints. I do, however, have some that ache because of previous injuries. I've found that if I just keep moving through the pain, it gets better. Or maybe I forget to pay attention. Getting older means more of these as time goes by, unfortunately.

    We were above the fog all day yesterday. I was so happy to see the sun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes, I recognize that fog!

    This business of older bodies is time consuming! I overexerted with exercise and dancing and have been forced to take it easy for a few days. There was a time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foggy here too. Freezing damp fog. I sure don't like it. More fog today and it is 30 degreesF out. I want the sun back. The sun at 20degreesF is, oh so much better.

    I did Acupuncture for my knees a few years back and cannot tell if it did anything or not but I would try if I were you. MB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pictures - makes even the cold fog beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely foggy pictures, and I do hope the acupuncture helps in every way you need it to. Have a great week Linda!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.