Tuesday, January 8, 2013

We Got Shared

Today was Isaac's real birthday, and he got shared.  So did we.  And so did the kittens.


At 2:45 this afternoon we were due in Irene's classroom, because it is Irene's week to be "In the Spotlight".  Today she shared members of her family.

When we walked in, the second graders spontaneously broke into a rousing singing of Happy Birthday.  It seems everyone knows the Gibsons, perhaps because their mother Jill is also a teacher there  and has some of these kids in her reading class.

Irene showed off the kittens, while Grandpa and Isaac checked out Irene's Spotlight board.
 The kids had lots of questions about the kittens, like "How old are they?"  They had a few questions for us too, like "How old are you?"
My answer was evasive, as any lady's would be.  "I'm old enough to be retired and I don't have to work anymore.  But I used to be a teacher."  That prompted a few more questions.

It was fun to be shared.  

And not to leave Isaac out, we took the family out for Chinese food and then back at their house where there were cards with cash that came in the mail today, and cake and ice cream.  

I'm stuffed.  Tomorrow I really do have to start counting my calories.

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a proud and wonderful day! That looks like a classroom full of energy and confidence building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was fun being at school with Irene's classmates. Bet you enjoyed it specially being a retired school teacher? - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to be shared!
    sounds like a great event

    I will be rooting for your Seahawks, I thought of you many times during the last game
    my Jets are such a circus right now
    even out of play they manage to look ridiculous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear those kittens look like they've already grown a bit. And happy ACTUAL birthday to Isaac again. I always love to see pictures of you, Linda. Thank you, and I'm also rooting for the Seahawks who (to my mind) belong to you, a true 12th Man. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun. When my 6 yr old grandson asked me how old I was-I told him but it only puzzled him how someone could be that old...72....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post! I bet those kittens stole the show, though. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An "In the Spotlight" moment must be a wonderful experience for a child. It's great her grandparents could be special guests. and the kittens, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always fun to revisit an old profession - seeing changes and meeting the new generation of students had to be fun! Age is so relative - but of great interest to children. My grandchildren are always amazed at my great age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so neat! Happy Birthday to Issac too.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.