Thursday, February 28, 2013

An Evening of Free Fun

Sometimes there are perks for being devoted to something you like doing anyway. 

As active members of our Sounders fan supporter group, the North End Faithful, we were selected to be among the invited guests for the revealing of the new Sounders team jersey and the US premier of the movie Oz, the Great and Powerful.

The event was held downtown at the Cinerama Theater.   Joe Roth, majority owner of the Sounders, is also a Hollywood producer, and the producer of this movie.

We took the Link light rail into the city and walked the few blocks to the theater in the rain, our Sounders rain coats keeping us dry.  Our names were on the list, we got our wrist bands, and in we went.  Sounders players, management, and team celebrities were all over the place.  

We checked out the new jerseys, which met with our approval because they stayed true to our Seattle Rave green and sky blue.  Then we lined up for free food at the snack bar.

Armed with a huge bag of caramel corn and Cokes, we found  seats in the large theater, where there were gift bags awaiting us.  

The movie was in 3-D and was just lots of fun, a family movie with no on screen sex, no vulgar language, gloriously funky "scenery" and lots of flash bang action.

I have no photos because recording devices of any kind were banned from the event. It was a "sneak preview", after all.

The walk back to the train was dry, and needed after indulging in too much caramel corn.  We had a great time, and the only downside was the tummy aches from such indulgence which reduced our sleep considerably.  

Today will be a slow day.  It was worth it.


10 comments:

  1. How fun! Supporters as dedicated as you are deserved to be selected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when devoted fans are rewarded! sounds like a great event

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful! Every time I see the Sounders featured on the media, I think of you. I saw the new "XBOX" shirts and wondered how long before I will see you in one! What a great experience you had, and I really appreciate you sharing it with me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lucky you! That sounds like a barrel of fun even with the little tummy upset. I'm all for it! I've seen previews of the film and it does look exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun even with no photos. I went to a parade of model homes yesterday and took 99 photos. Now how to show them....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor to have been included! And glad you had such a good time, sans tummy issues, that is!

    A good flick AND caramel corn! Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice time you all had. I haven't had popcorn in years. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that the next day blahs were still worth it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.