Thursday, February 14, 2013

Change of Venue

I needed a change.  We used taking the restored lamp to the cabin as an excuse for a day trip to Whidbey Island.

When we arrived about 11:00 the drizzle has let up.  We took a walk on the beach road to see what's new.  There is always construction along Sunlight Beach Road.  Once empty lots are springing up with new "cabins", or old ones are undergoing major remodels.  Someone has money to spend!
 We found the first daffodils in bloom!
 The tide was out and the bay and lagoon were studies in muted colors.


It always feels right when we have at least one eagle sighting.  This one was enjoying its perch until we got too close.


We spent a little time working in the front yard, pruning a few things.  The tulips are up.
After lunch we drove over to Langley to walk through the village,  visit a few shops and have coffee.  I found more blooms there.



Cedar waxwings were enjoying the berries.

 Our coffee stop, Useless Bay Coffee Company.  
Next door in the old fire station is a glass blower's shop.


Back at the cabin, I took a short walk on the dike along the lagoon.




 Is this "down the rabbit hole"?


 Winter color.
About 5:00 we headed for the ferry and our return home, stopping along the way for burgers for dinner.  

Now we are back home and settled in.  It was a great get-away day and a good Valentine's Day gift to myself.

12 comments:

  1. What a refreshing way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we DID have a lot in common in our Thursday posts! The other thing was the tide being out, and us both taking pictures on Whidbey Island of the same sorts of things. I am amazed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blown-glass lilies! Great shots of the eagles. I'd love to see some spring bulbs in bloom, but that ain't about to happen here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, how fun-to have such a fabulous place for a day trip, love your photos and the spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your photos. I think dead wood is so fascinating. I like to see it sanded, varnished and turned into something interesting. Spring is coming to your area early.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely that spring appears to be out and about ovr there. Here it's icy cold and snow covers the ground hiding any signs of change.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, Linda. You have a very good camera, and I like how you composed your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does look like you are going to get an early spring Linda, with those spring flowers out. Our southern hemisphere summer is cooling off now so seasons are getting ready to change. Our autumn starts in March, just about two weeks away - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear you..a change in venue sounds great and I was able to escape the cold here with your lovely post...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful---There is nothing like a visit to Whidbey.
    I miss going there now that my Mother is gone. We we still could go but it's not the same. MB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Linda, these are such gorgeous photos. The flowers look so beautiful. There are so much lovely art and nature in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spring is coming! I enjoyed your pretty pictures.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.