Monday, February 25, 2013

Project Me


It takes a lot of work to keep all of my parts working these days.

Here's my checklist of daily physical therapy exercises, which I do in addition to walking 3 to 4 miles or 10 miles on the stationary bike.  All in all it takes about two hours, and I am trying to do this six days a week.  Of course, I don't get all of it done every day, but it is my goal.

I had an appointment with a Rheumatologist today, and had some additional blood tests and hand x-rays.  The test results are coming in via e-mail, and so far it looks like I don't have rheumatoid arthritis.  I hope that's the case, although there is medication for that.  There is no treatment for osteoarthritis, except what I'm already doing.  The doctor complimented me on my efforts of weight loss and exercise.  It's good to have positive reinforcement.

This will be a lifelong project, this Project Me.  But I'm already doing better with the sciatica symptoms due to increasing some core exercises.  

Project me is coming along, and "Me" is excited for the new Sounders soccer season to start.  The first match is this coming Saturday.



I'll be ready!

13 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when I read the title of this post, Linda. You can read "Project Me" with the first word as either a noun or a verb. Once I read it, I got the meaning. It's a very worthwhile project, if you ask me, and you are doing all the right things to keep yourself going as effectively as possible. Yay to you for being such a great supporter of the Sounders! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sorry to hear you are having health issues Linda, and admire the fact that you are taking charge of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. Osteoarthritis was a major problem for my mother & her sister. I cannot tell you how fortunate I feel not having arthritis or osteoporosis. I feel bad for my cousin who has everything her mother had. I cannot imagine how impressed that rheumatologist must have been to meet a patient like you. Many people would not be as disciplined as you. I so admire your determination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good for you, I'm watching the pounds come on as my knee bothers me...thinking of taking a seated exercise class. Have to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, impressive list. You inspire me to jack up my own efforts. Thanks.
    Ah the good old days when we just got up and went. Now days, it takes a concentrated effort to remain mobile. Still, it beats caving in and accepting. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you certainly are tackling things with the energy and thoroughness we have come to expect! This is a worthy project indeed. And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I am so glad you do NOT have Rheumatoid Arthritis, because I was told RA is worse than osteoarthritis. Good that you are exercising and have a positive frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is good that you have been exercising all along and I am glad that your back is feeling better.

    Love the picture of you in your new scarf! You guys have fun on Saturday.

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "taking the bull by the horns" is extremely impressive. What self discipline you have. Keep at it. It'll continue to pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's great that you're systematically taking care of the things that need to be done. I admire your strength and determination, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keeping healthy seems to take more and more work the older we get. I monitor carefully what we eat and make sure to exercise body and mind on a regular bases. It's seems a full time job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do understand and you are doing a wonderful job...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.