Thursday, March 27, 2014

Decorating

I have a lot of time on my hands, and yet, that time seems to fly by!

Today I did a little decorating for Easter. 
 The robin is new.  It's made of papier mache and I bought it in a little shop next to where I get my hair cut in Olde Burien.  It's a wonderful little shop that I love to stop at after my haircut, and I often buy some little thing because I want to keep it in business.  That was Tuesday, my big outing for the day.


 At Easter time I spread out my pottery pals that are usually crowded together in a cabinet.  It's fun to decorate with my old McCoy and Shawnee collectables.



 We'll be having Easter dinner at Jill's house this year, so my dining table will remain like this, unless Irene wants to borrow some of the decorations.

So if I have put out Easter decorations, does that mean I can start eating chocolate?

Oh, wait.  I eat chocolate every day already! It's a basic food group.

15 comments:

  1. It looks like you have good fun at Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your beautiful and elegant decorations, Linda. This year is no different. I hope you'll be showing pictures of the Easter dinner at Jill's! I am looking forward to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your decorations! You do everything so perfect. That is a beautifully embroidered scarf in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lot of delightful decorations! Hard to believe it's almost April already. It's definitely time to start eating chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute, I've bought little easter baskets for the grandkids who will be visiting. Will see all 7 grandkids in April...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That table scarf in the last photo is a piece I picked up for next to nothing in a second hand street market in a town on the Oslo Fiord in Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see how you decorate. The green bowl on your dining table is beautiful. What is its story?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green bowl came from my mother's house, but I don't know where she got it. It's old but I don't know if it was a family piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. May many chocolate bunnies come your way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your Easter decoration. Especially the robin looks very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Easter already....what happened to spring?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You Easter decor is just lovely. I was attracted to the embroidered table cover in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to have a lot of little pieces for almost every holiday. That makes your home interesting.
    I had no trouble viewing your photos today. Previously, my screen would freeze and I would have to log off and reboot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. May all your chocolate be dark and make your heart happy.
    Really loved that bunny planter growing eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Easter decorations are quite lovely and interesting. I finally got some of my Easter things out this week. I'm not planning on hosting a big event this year, so I might not get out all the spring dishes.

    We already have chocolate eggs around here. My husband and his candy...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.