Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Time For A Little Beauty

It's a dreary day here today, although the light rain didn't keep me from an afternoon walk.

But the news is all the time about mud, bodies in mud, and now who's fault is it that people died in mud.

Monday was a warn, sunny day and Tom and I spent it with my sister Laurie and my brother-in-law, Arnold, touring some lovely nurseries north of Seattle.  I didn't take many photos.  I just enjoyed looking and visiting, but here is a bit of color from Molbak's and Swanson's Nurseries.






 This magnolia flower was as big as my head!
 I loved this pot arrangement with Swiss Chard.

 On my walk this afternoon I stopped to admire the cherry trees in the park, and a forsythia in a neighborhood yard.




Some days we just have to make our own sunshine.  I hope you found yours. 

11 comments:

  1. Thank you Linda for adding to the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the cherry tree buds in Washington, D.C. on the news--covered with ice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherry trees going down the hill into Marysville are spectacular, and look almost like the flowers have lights - which as you said, we need on a gloomy day like today. Love Molbacks, and your cheery flower pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done. Nothing like a nursery to raise your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures. We actually had sunshine here today, and it was wonderful to see all the trees in bloom, the flowers popping up everywhere. But your pictures are incredibly beautiful, thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. we had rain here today and celebrated! lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the splash of spring color! Was that huge magnolia at Swansons? It sure is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if it is just me, but I always have trouble with your photos. Too many blank, white boxes where the pictures should be.
    What I do see is lovely, though. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually grow Swiss Chard for the color and look, I rarely eat it even though it is quite good.
    Can't wait to plant here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this... Snow sat into Sunday,,,sigh

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.