Sunday, September 30, 2018

October


Just before the death of flowers
And before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow,
-Author Unknown

One of the pleasures of going plant shopping last week was seeing the autumnal displays in the nurseries. Watson's Greenhouse and Nursery was looking especially festive. 







The heucheras  look like autumn too. 





And then as we were out walking this morning we noticed that Safeway was looking quite festive too. 







In rain or in shine, I hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy October, and nature's glow. 

8 comments:

  1. i love fall, bought a small pumpkin this past weekend. time to decorate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some very artistic people in the nurseries and green house who make up the attractive displays

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful time of year with warm colors, crisp days, special fragrances. I love fall. Haven't been to Watson's for a while but it does look festive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your sharing the wonder of fall with us. I do miss making jack-o-lanterns with the kids and grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures! I love the autumn displays and need to go take pictures, too. They are certainly colorful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unknown author said it perfectly. I do love the colors of fall. Interesting that the organic gourds weren't as colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colours of Fall which you've captured so well.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to read your comments. Since I link most posts to Facebook, you may comment there if you do not have an account. I have eliminated Anonymous comments due to spammers.